Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Sleep Timer on Soundbar 700

Is there a sleep timer on the soundbar? Or does the 20minute standby function work even If there is music playing? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Sleep Timer on Soundbar 700

Hi Caseyb, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The Soundbar 700 will turn off after 20 minutes if no audio is being played through. If you wish to disable this function please follow the below instructions;

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar in the lower-right corner
    If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon  in upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar in the lower-right corner
  • Select Settings
  • Under the Power section, select Standby Timer
  • Select a timer option

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hi Tegan,

So does the 700 soundbar have a sleep timer? That’s what I’m essentially after 

Highlighted

Yes, this is an auto-off timer. This will not occur whilst audio is playing through the speaker, it will turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hey Tegan,

I still don’t have an answer to my question so here is the question reworded to maybe help with understanding,

does the soundbar 700 have a function where you can set a timer for the soundbar to go to sleep in any state that the system may be in.....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Hi All,

I have the same question: how can I set a time for sleeping mode on my soundbar Bose 700 when I intend to listen music till I will sleep?

BR

Sorin

Highlighted

Hi all,

In regard to a 'Sleep' timer, where the Soundbar 700 powers down after a certain amount of time - this isn't currently available as a feature. I can totally understand the need for it, and therefore you may find that this becomes part of future integration, but I cannot confirm that at this time. The inactivity timer is the best way to let your system power down when it's not being used or you no longer wish to listen to music when you're not close by.

To be the first to know about any future firmware updates that include feature releases, follow our social pages and the Bose Community - and always keep your product up-to-date! Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!