Robert soo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Hi,
Thanks for info...

Can I check if I bring the speaker to my friend house who has a VPN connection to USA to “activate” Alexa and then bring it back to my house , will it work ???

Basically is it just a one time connection to get the speaker activated, or everytime I turn on and off , it requires to connect to the usa vpn.

Pls advise ...
mahaboob.pasha@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Hi,

Ones you get alexa enabled through VPN fallow below steps to connect back to your wifi

If your network name or password has changed, or you want to connect your system to another network:

On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the TV icon and Skip Back buttons for 3 seconds. When the light bar on the soundbar glows Amber, the soundbar is broadcasting its own Wi-Fi network for setup

On your mobile device, go to its Wi-Fi settings screen and connect to the network name that begins with "Bose Soundbar"

Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect the soundbar to your network

regards

Mahaboob

Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hi there can you send me the tutorial how to sinc Bose with CyberGhost step by step because I don’t know much about vpn 😞
Inkampostudio@gmail.com this is my Mail thanks
strafas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

The VPN method works great.

Thanks so much for the tips!

Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

But to use vpn on a laptop we need to turn on every day to use Alexa? And wich vpn should i buy? Thanks
Tonya20a
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Hi, you just need to have vpn for the activation. After that you don’t need the  vpn anymore so you can cancel the vpn subscription. I would recommend a vpn service that has free trial period, and supports the location you have your amazon Alexa registered...

T. 

Highlighted
Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Thanks, but i already sinc my Bose Home to my router. My question is After i sinc to my mac with a diferent location an run Alexa can i sinc then again to my router and Alexa will run or not?
thrull
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi,

just for confirmation. The "VPN" method worked for me too. It seems that VPN is needed only during activation. I was so lucky that I just used vpn client on my wifi router so after activation I just deactivated vpn connection on my asus router.

So far Alexa works on my "Polish" WiFi.

Thanks,

t.

suncountry7
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Hi I live in Puerto Rico, USA ,and it says that there is no voice assistant available. I have various Echo around my house and they work fine. Is there something that I have to do for Alexa to be available in my soundbar 700? Thanks for your prompt answer.
stocklen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

During your installation if you are prompted to the alexa sync screen, then it means that you are at an available location allready.

But if the alexa sync does not prompt during your installation, then you have to factory restart your device and rerun installation using a VPN service instead.

By the way. My alexa worked fine using the VPN. And just for info. The app at your android/IOs device is the one who uses the location check.

So no need to worry on your connection regarding the one which the soundbar is connected. ( the same wifi where you are )

And also. The use of a 2nd and 3rd DNS did not work for me. Since my primary DNS have still pointed to my local provider. Solution was the VPN connected on my mobile during the whole new installation.