Highlighted

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Hello pjcosta, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty using Alexa on your system. 

Do you have the Soundbar 500 or the Home Speaker 500? 

Could you please elaborate on the problem you are having? Have you already added Alexa and it will not work for you, or are you unable to add it at all?

Are you receiving any error messages at all? 

If you are having difficulty setting up Alexa, take a look at Using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant with Bose smart products

If not, let me know and I will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
vitasponsor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Hello, I just have one question, I know that sadly Alexa is not yet supported in Poland on soundbar 500, but is there and info about it being available shortly or in what period of time? Regards
Highlighted

Hello vitasponsor,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for making your first post. 

Regrettably, I do not have any further information regarding this matter.

Please accept my apologies for this. 

If there is anything else I can do to help, please do get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
dasguptar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Any idea when Alexa intergration will be supported for Bose soundbar in Singapore? It's ridiculous that we buy thinking we can use the product with Alexa VA and it ends up not being supported. You should at least explicitly mention that you can't use Alexa in SG. Really dissapointing!

Highlighted
dasguptar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 - Alexa setup

This kind of response is lazy at best and deceitful at worst.

Highlighted
dasguptar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

When will it be available in Singapore?

Highlighted
vitasponsor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Well, that's the thing about doing research at your own, they can't write on box "alexa not available in singapore", but they can on internet, where they do that and you can easily check if its still unavailable, pretensions to yourself for not checking something before buying.

Highlighted
CedricNL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Thank you! Useless contribution to this community. Most of the messages are related to the fact that there is no timing indicated by Bose on when Alexa would be available (when not yet enable in certain countries). Try to fully understand the issue before jumping in!
Robert soo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

WHY can't they write on box "alexa not available in singapore" ??????

Since it really is NOT available !!!!!

Highlighted
pjcosta@mac.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

I,m in the United States and still having the same message that it’s not available in my region. I’m very desapointed and frustrated. I have a 11 Bose products and I bought this Bose 500 with the advertising of Alexa. What a shame.

this is the last time I will buy a Bose product with my blind eyes.

@Tony_A wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all your feedback about Alexa integration with our new Smart Home speakers.  There has been some confusion revolving around if the Bose Smart Home speakers will integrate with Alexa in the country you're trying to use it in.  Even though Alexa may be available in your country and native language, it may not be fully supported through the Bose Smart Home speakers.  I wanted to post a list that we currently have of countries and languages that are supported with these speakers.  The tough part here is that with Alexa constantly evolving and changing, this list may become outdated, but we'll do our best to keep it up to date.  I wanted to make sure that you have as much information as possible during this holiday season.  The best place for current news and features would be our announcements through the Community.  

Countries with Alexa support:

If a country is not listed, it does not support Alexa integration with Bose products.

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • New Zealand
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Languages for use with Alexa:

Your preferred language to communicate with Alexa can be selected in the Alexa app. The following languages are supported:

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Spanish

Warm Regards and Happy Holidays!

Tony A - Community Support