Highlighted

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Hello sagarvasani, 

Thank you for your input.

That's a great question. Regrettably, I do not have any information regarding Alexa availability in the Netherlands. 

Let me know if you have any queries. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wate49
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Alexa and google assistant for Bose home 500 in Thailand

I just bought a Bose Home 500. I understand that Alexa cannot be used with bose product in Thailand yet. Is this still the fact? What about google assistant? I have read on Bose community that it can be used with Bose Home 500 for about 2 months already with an automatIc update. Can any of these services be used with my Bose home 500? If none can be used at the moment, anyone knows when this could happen? It is a shame I bought a smart speaker which is yet smart.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
DJ PATHAK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Hi,

I would like to know when bose voice support (Alexa integration) will be available in Switzerland?

I have bought a home speaker 500 and realized that Alexa is not available in Switzerland.

Regards,

DJ

Robert soo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Hi DJ,

Sorry to hear that you have also been conned into buying a super expensive  “dumb” radio.

You can slowly wait for another year...

I have already waited for 8 months and still no news on any updates whatsoever....

The moderators here do not know anything !!! 

And no one from Bose can give any firm dates !!!

Frustrated Owner of a “dumb” radio

Singapore

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in the integration of a virtual assistant on your Smart Home products.

At the moment, we do not have any information regarding new releases at the time. Keep an eye on our social channels or subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date.

If there is anything else we can do for you please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Fred181247
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

BOSE 700 - Alexa - UAE

Hi, 

I bought the Bose Soundbar 700 a couple of months ago but the Alexa feature is to working in the UAE. 

I saw on another similar topic that it is not supported so far in the country but I don't understand as Alexa is working fine on other devices. 

Can anyone explain and can we have an update on when it is gonna work ? 

It is really annoying...

Thanks

Highlighted
Fred181247
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: BOSE 700 - Alexa - UAE

BTW you are advertising about this product and the Alexa feature everywhere in Dubai without mentioning that it is not supported here.  That's misleading or even false advertising...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Fred181247,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

At the moment Alexa is not available in the United Arab Emirates with Bose, whist Alexa may be available in the UAE for other products there is not yet integration with Bose products. Although the Soundbar 700 has the technology for Alexa built-in, it has not yet been integrated by Amazon into the Bose Skill.

To keep up to date with the latest Voice Assistant availability additions you should check out this page.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Highlighted
Pushpendra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

This topic is going on for more than a year but progress of BOSE is very pathetic, within this period top Tech Company (or you do not fall under this category) launch several products. You guys do not have any road map (or might be only one developer working) hence you can't commit any timeline as when Alexa will be available. You keep writing same text for every response. How it is possible that BOSE do not know for which country they working first to make Alexa enable.
You guys just hiding your failure with such response.
I bought sound bar 700 last month (1 year after the launch of this product) in Belgium and neither Alexa nor Amazon music integration work and I know it might take another 5 years before I can hear Alexa voice on my speaker.

Highlighted
PapaBakoye
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Re: Alexa and google assistant for Bose home 500 in Thailand

Wate94,

I've just brought a 500 from Europe and faced the same "No Alexa available in your country". But it actually works if follow below:

Delete your 500 from the Bose music app (on all devices - i.e. Tablet + Phone)

Uninstall the app

Install a free VPN (TunnelBear worked perfectly) and choose an Alexa supported country (say UK)
Install Bose Music from there - same username/password, no need to recreate anything
Factory reset your 500 (Vol down & AUX for 10 seconds)
Follow the app to install back the 500
Alexa will be recognised and you can enjoy
Turn off the VPN
Restart your device
Enjoy your 500 with Alexa full capacity