Baelzebu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Smart Home Alexa Availability

I can't setup alexa with bose 500. "It may be possible that's not available in your region". I'm in Portugal.

The main reason to get bose 500 was because of "Alexa Bult in" without it is just another Speaker. Even for a bose....
The Alexa app even has SONOS as an option to connect why can't we get the same?

I'm really frustrated, can support please advice if there will be any updates regarding alexa availability with international  Amazon Alexa products and Bose Speaker 500?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Tony_A

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all your feedback about Alexa integration with our new Smart Home speakers.  There has been some confusion revolving around if the Bose Smart Home speakers will integrate with Alexa in the country you're trying to use it in.  Even though Alexa may be available in your country and native language, it may not be fully supported through the Bose Smart Home speakers.  I wanted to post a list that we currently have of countries and languages that are supported with these speakers.  The tough part here is that with Alexa constantly evolving and changing, this list may become outdated, but we'll do our best to keep it up to date.  I wanted to make sure that you have as much information as possible during this holiday season.  The best place for current news and features would be our announcements through the Community.  

Countries with Alexa support:

If a country is not listed, it does not support Alexa integration with Bose products.

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • New Zealand
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Languages for use with Alexa:

Your preferred language to communicate with Alexa can be selected in the Alexa app. The following languages are supported:

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Spanish

Warm Regards and Happy Holidays!

Tony A - Community Support 

132 REPLIES 132
fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

SoundTouch 700 - Alexa & Amazon Music in Poland

Dear @bose

I just bought SoundTouch 700. I bought it mainly because its Alexa enabled. After all configure in Bose Music APP i see in Assistant Voice field message: "There was a problem accessing the voice assistants right now. This feature is probably not available in your region. Check again later."

Same thing is with Amazon Music.

I live in Poland and I want add that Alexa & Amazon Music are OFFICIALY available here sice December 2017. I'm already have & using 4devices in my home

Now my question: CAN YOU FIX IT OR I MUST RETURN DEVICE TO SHOP ?

Best regards

Re: SoundTouch 700 - Alexa & Amazon Music in Poland

Hello fingusio,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue. What language is your Amazon Alexa account set to? Once I have this information I can investigate this further for you.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

United States (English)

What does it have to Bose? In the Bose Music app, I can not turn on

fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Because there are message: "There was a problem accessing the voice assistants right now. This feature is probably not available in your region. Check again later."

Hi Fingusio,

Thank you for the details. 

I'm going to direct message you for additional information, so I can raise this to development for you.

Regards,

Joel 

fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

okej, i see, just reply

Hi fingusio,

Thanks for the information. 

If there are any additional details needed. I will reach out to you directly.

Best Regards,

Joel 

KDavid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

The same problem on my new soundbar 500.. alexa not available in my region (poland). Did you fix it?
fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

@Joel_D

and?

I must got clear info......because if will be not available i will return product to shop