vmisra24
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Not able to set up Alexa with Soundbard 700 in Singapore

While setting up voice assistance, I cant locate Alexa. Please advise. 

Re: Not able to set up Alexa with Soundbard 700 in Singapore

Hello Vmisra24,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry but Alexa is not yet available on Bose speakers in Singapore. But the great news is that your Google voice assistant is.

We are working hard to bring more voice assistants to further regions. We will update the community as soon as we have further details. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

dcordinas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Very disappointed that it is not supported in Malta as well. Dont have access to alexa and  google. Both unavailable. Pair a big amount for a great speaker (500). These missing features reduces big time the value for money of the product 😟

Pushpendra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Dcordinas,

Please follow what other have done to get it, use a VPN service to enable this (limited capacity).

BOSE IT service is pathetic so I am pretty sure this feature will not be available in next 2-3 years (based on their speed in last one year). so better to use VPN get some satisfaction on money you have spend. it is pretty easy to setup.

Cherchen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hi Vicky,

Is Alexa available in the Netherlands? I can't connect my Home speaker 500 to Alexa. 

Thank you in advance.

Hello Cherchen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

The Amazon Alexa voice assistant is not currently available for the Home Speaker 500 in the Netherlands. You can, however, use the Google Assistant if you wish to.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Eduardo Sanros
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Hello everyone,

I've the same problem with Bose Smart Home 500 in Portugal, no Alexa Availability, not even in English. I wouldn't mind to have Alexa service (or Google Assistant) available in my country in English or Brasilian Portuguese, but not having service makes equipment very limited, is almost a bluetooth speaker.

Please unlock Alexa in English for the countries where native language is not yet available so customers can have the possibility to interact with the speaker.

Eduardo Santos 

ba.sz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Hi,

I've just bought Soundbar 700 and discovered this thread.

How come after over a year you still are in the very same position? This is just ridiculous.

What to do get any voice assistant working in Poland?

I've seen "VPN work-arounds", but I don't want to do go this way. I've bought a full product, hence expecting you to support complete set of available features, instead of making some artificial limitations. I'd assume English language should be available everywhere, despite region.

Give clear statement on what exactly has to be done in order to receive a proper support instead of re-pasted question.

Bartek

jj69
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Same issue with the Bose Home Speaker 300. Received the unit as an expensive present from my parents, who were assured at the Bose store in Portsmouth, UK that I'd have no issues using it in Poland. Really disappointed with the situation as I've just bought a new phone specifically to be able to set up the speaker, via the Bose Music app, only to discover is main selling point is unavailable.

All I need is English language support for Google Assistant, and I'm frankly baffled that a company with Bose's international profile is unable to deliver and that their sales staff should choose to deceive customers in this manner. I mean... why even translate those instructions to Polish if the functionality isn't available to Polish customers?

wappie01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi, I just got my Home Speaker 500 and it says not available in the Philippines. How do I get this either voice assistant to work?