Highlighted
Vish Dee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Re: Home Speaker 500 Alexa in other countries (europe)

Same issue here. I bought the Home Speaker 500 for the Alexa feature but it does not work here in Trinidad and Tobago,  West  Indies.

Very misleading and erroneous  advertisement. 

Highlighted
Eduardo Sanros
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Re: Not able to set up Alexa with Soundbard 700 in Singapore

Hi there,

I’ve reseted Bose 500 (see how online) and reactivated it connecting it to a VPN to a country that has Voice Assistants active (the clock stays with that country time so choose the best one for you).

How to, VPN Examples:

Install a free VPN software in a Home computer, connect to an active voice assistant country, share the virtual connection to your wireless Access Point (see how online).

Configure a VPN Router to a country that has Voice Assistants active and go from there.

In my case, I’ve created an email account from that country, configured a mobile device with it and installed BOSE MUSIC from that country app store.

Be aware after your BOSE Device is activated and with Voice assistant active, if the wireless connection is not the definitive one, you must connect it to a new wireless connection (see how online).

Eduardo

Highlighted
Eduardo Sanros
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

I’ve reseted Bose 500 (see how online) and reactivated it connecting it to a VPN to a country that has Voice Assistants active (the clock stays with that country time so choose the best one for you).

How to, VPN Examples:

Install a free VPN software in a Home computer, connect to an active voice assistant country, share the virtual connection to your wireless Access Point (see how online).

Configure a VPN Router to a country that has Voice Assistants active and go from there.

In my case, I’ve created an email account from that country, configured a mobile device with it and installed BOSE MUSIC from that country app store.

Be aware after your BOSE Device is activated and with Voice assistant active, if the wireless connection is not the definitive one, you must connect it to a new wireless connection (see how online).

Eduardo

Highlighted
Robert soo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

For goodness sake, it is just a speaker...

Why do we have to go through all these troubles to set up google assistant when it should have been set up automatically in the first place !!!

Shame on Bose Team !!!!

Highlighted
Eduardo Sanros
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi,

I'm just another disappointed user, just like you, that paid a lot of money for a product that have a great sound but don't fully work in my country, and have to wait that Portugal, an European Country, that have 10 million people is not supported and by example Norway (5 million) is.

In the other hand, Brazil that also speaks Portuguese (210 million) is also not supported.

@bose, not understandable this policy.

Because of that I’ve read some posts and managed this work around that works everywhere in the world and now I’ve my speaker a little bit closer to what is supposed to be.

It's not perfect because if i request something that involves my location it replies me like I’m in another country but is better that not having anything.

A plus is if Alexa is officially available in your country/language, the voice assistant Alexa will understand your language and replies in the same language.

Eduardo

Highlighted
Jakub.S
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Don't bother to write here... Same bull**bleep** answer from corporate drones.

Highlighted
juan-ovando@live.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Cuando estará disponible para Bolivia ?

Highlighted

Hi There, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

We are trying hard to bring Alexa to as many countries as possible. At the moment, We do not have any additional information at this time about when it will be available in Bolivia but encourage you to keep an eye out on our website. If you have any enquires, I would suggest reaching out to the team in your region. I have included the LINK HERE for your reference which includes the contact details in your region. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
danieldotcom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Smart Home Alexa Availability

I bought a Bose 700 bundle (soundbar, bass and speakers). To my surprise, I cannot use Alexa because it says it's not available in my region. At home I have three Echo devices, a LG TV and two other smart devices working with Alexa.

I'm really dissapointed and thinking about puting the bundle for sale and assume the money lost.

Does somebody know if I can activate it in some way? Maybe thru a VPN?

Regards.

Daniel

Highlighted
mmrkml
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hello, does google asistant feature of the Portable Home Speakers working in Turkey? If it doesn't, when does it start?