Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Worldwide roll out of Google Assistant and Alexa

@bose could you kindly provide an indicative timeframe for worldwide roll out of google assitant and Alexa for soundbar 700?

We all paid for these and part of the world still does not have access to these. This is very unfair as both (GA and Alexa) were advertised heavily and it has been some time since the product launch and none are available yet. So I speak for all who still do not have these and these must be rolled out worldwide. 

Re: Worldwide roll out of Google Assistant and Alexa

Hello Raiden,

Thanks for reaching out today.

I can understand your frustrations here and can assure you that we are working to adding these services to more countries. 

At this time I am unable to provide a timeline, but keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates. 

I am sorry that I cannot help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Vicky_W , please ensure subcontinent (India, Bangaldesh, Nepal, Srilanka, Pakistan etc.) are on the list of countries and not FORGOTTEN ALTOGETHER...and before we give up...already we all have  faced numerous issues with SB 700..... loyalty to Bose once gone may be very difficult to bring back in.. 

Jakub.S
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

It's ridiculous, I’ve bought HS 500 in December 2018 in official Bose store in Poland. You were advertising it as a smart speaker – IN POLAND IN POLISH LANGUAGE. Almost one year later I still can’t use it properly EVEN IF I WANTED TO SPEAK TO IT IN ENGLISH. And once again you gonna give me same an answer…

OllieF
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

I visited a HIFI store (Media Markt) and was about to spend Eur 177 on a Yamaha MusicCast 20 when I saw this Bose Home Speaker 300 with Alexa voice control available for Eur 240.  So I bought this Bose unit (my first ever) to install in the dining room and provide me with voice control over Alexa enabled devices there.  Now please understand that I have been a Yamaha man all my life, from guitars, and amps, receivers, turntables, CD players, you name it. 

So imagine my disappointment when I returned home, set up the Bose Home Speaker 300 and find that after all Alexa Voice control has been disabled, when I already have other Alexa devices at home up and running.

I contacted your customer representative (Marvin) on the on-line chat service and advised me that since I do not live in one of the listed countries (he sent me a list), I cannot have Alexa voice control and nothing can be done about it.  I feel cheated by Bose first because nowhere was I made aware of the list of countries where Alexa Voice Control is un/available, secondly I asked the people at the store specifically that I will be using it overseas in an English-Speaking country and advised me in the affirmative, thirdly I paid for the fully featured not for a partially disabled unit.

Jakub.S
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Oh, how sweet, now you are censuring posts...

Pushpendra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

these guys have no idea, they do not have control over there IT department OR there is no need as per them to correct their issues. No wonder it probably will take another 5-6  years before they can rollout this service. They have same answer from last one year and they want to compete in Technology world.

not sure why they still advertising it as BEST soundbar when it can't delivery what it promise!!!

Rishi.usp@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I bought Smart home Alexa from UAE and activated there. Now I am back in India but still my settings dose not allow me to activate Alexa, it's says still the same as region not supported. Please help.

Edson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

hi guys...having problem as well...set up with vpn works fine but when selecting alexa voice assistant in bose music app and then you have to click to log in via amazon..it just circles forever and nothing happening....google assistant does work..but would love to add/use alexa since it is advertised.

any help/tips greatly appreciated.

vpn is expressvpn

android phone with bose music app and alexa app installed

regards Edson

Hello Rishi and Edson, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

Rishi, I would recommend factory resetting your Smart speaker products then attempt setup again as normal. Be aware that in India, only the English language is currently supported. 

Edson, it is likely the VPN is causing issues with setup. We cannot guarantee our products will work via the use of a VPN. Amazon Voice Servers are located around the world, so faking a location, adds to increased latency due to the server location so it would be reasonable to expect a level of delay if it did work. 

For information regarding voice assistant region compatibility please check out this site. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G