Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

Thanks for the great and simple explication. Now it works fine my Bose also 🙂 best regards
enri
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Thanks to the VPN advice works also for me. Really thanks

hsalasj@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

For countries where Alexa is not supported can the obstacle be overcome by using VPN such as NordVPN on the router ?
Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Just put the vpn on your phone with the country that Alexa works and set the Bose system on the app and good to go. Then u don’t need the vpn
Danysantam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hey,

Just let us know when this will be available in other countries because some of us still in time to return this product to the local stores .... it’s incredible that you
Sell this product for twice the price and doesn’t work correctly .. I have and Amazon product that I bought in US because they don’t sell it in Latin America due the capabilities and It works in my country, and you guys who DOES sell that in the local stores IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, NOT EVEN DISCOVERABLE FROM ALEXA APP TO CONTROL IT FROM ECHO SPOT... sooo sad..
Danysantam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hey thanks!! Can you show me how to do it ?
Kampos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Simple. Reset your Bose system, instal Alexa app and Bose music in your phone.

2-instal a vpn app in your phone and open it with a country where Alexa works

3- instal your Bose with Bosemusic app and that’s good Alexa must work

dsicari
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

Re: Smart Home Alexa Availability

For those who are trying Alexa in Brazil, I could made it work by forcing all traffic from a BOSE HOME 500 through a OpenVPN connection at a server in USA, I used a EDGEROUTER LITE for it.

If you reconnect BOSE to your local ISP, Alexa wont work again, so keep it at VPN.

Im still having problems with Alexa app, I couldnt download it from Google Play even if I connect my phone throught VPN. If someone could achieve it, please tell me!

Good luck.

stocklen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Smart Home Alexa Availability

Hi dsicari.

I use my bose 700 and my Alexa in Brazil as well.
And it all works fine to me. But the installation throughout the us VPN was required to force the bose to allow me to enable the Alexa activation.
But since the installation no more VPN conn is needed. I Don't know how it works for the 500 series.

Regarding the use of a new alexa device you will still have to download the Amazon alexa app through a valid us or European account.
A simple VPN connection will not help you to enable this app to download on your local app store IOS/Android .

Best regards
Stocklen
ylagos
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Hello everyone, 

I contacted the reseller of Bose in Greece and they said that Alexa works fine in Home Speaker 500 in Greece. However, the one that I bought in Dubai doesn't allow Alexa to be activated. Bose UAE tried to help resolve this issue, however, nothing worked. Alexa is still not functioning in my Speaker 500 in Athens. 

What's the truth here? Does Alexa work in Greece or not? Is the speaker shipped hardware locked?

Thank you 

Ylagos