Smart Home Alexa Skill in uk

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Smart Home Alexa Skill in uk

Hello 

i try to follow instruction from https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/controlling-soundtouch-systems-with-amazon-alexa.html

but looks that Bose SoundTouch controll skill is not available in uk, can you tell me when it will be available 

regards

marek

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Smart Home Alexa Skill in uk

Hi Jamar, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

The Alexa skill is available in the UK. Can you explain the issue you are experiencing and any error messages you experience and I will do all I can to get your issue resolved? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support! 

Audible Advocate

Hello
The issue is that in uk i have only bose skill and bose (not for SoundTouch)

There is no Bose SoundTouch which was mentioned in movie link which I attached in original message

Hi Jamar, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I can confirm both skills are available in the UK. Which product do you have and which app are you using. I'll be happy to try and assist you with the setup. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest,

Jessie O

Audible Advocate

Jassie

I have Bose SoundTouch 20 first series iphon 6s and alexa echo dot 3rd gen

Issiu is that when I would like to use command like: alexa ask bose to play preset 3 on kitchen

But when i search for alexa skills i do not have Bose SoundTouch control in market

When was looking forcthis app using google i found it but in US strore after jump to Uk one app wasnt available

Im not sure who control it bose or amazon
Thanks for help

Btw
I instaleb bose skil and im able to usexcommand like alexa play somethink in kithen and then my Bose SoundTouch is used to play this music but i can nit control to plsy presets

Audible Advocate

adding some more details 

searching for skill in google got the result https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Corporation-SoundTouch-Control/dp/B07122VQJJ

but when I log in to amazon it shows me a message :

"Looks like your account is set up for Amazon.co.uk! Click here to visit the Skill Store on Amazon.co.uk and browse skills available for your device"

on click "here" it redirect me to uk store which doesn't contain mentioned skill app 

Hi Jamar, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I have attached a link for the Bose Skill here. 

Please let me know if this works. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

hm 

and here we have a problem/ issue because this skill app doesn't allow me to use the command "Alexa, ask bose to play preset 3 in kitchen"

i hav e this skill but it allow only to "alexa, play xyz in kitchen"

and whole time i was asking about skill "bose soundthouch control" 

Hi Jamar, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. You aren't able to ask Alexa to play presets via this skill. This isn't something that is available in the UK. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

thank you for confirmation - that this function is not yet available in UK 

do you know if this option will b available if so when I can expect it 

thank you 

Marek