McPikul
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Home Speaker 500 Alexa in other countries (europe)

Same here, I live and working in UK and have amazon account with alexa now buy Bose 500 speaker on my holiday in Poland and I can't setup alexa! why that is block eaven I have account with alexa (its was ok setup amazon prime music but no alexa LOL). Amazon echo works fine here in Poland with voice control. 

Can you please fix that asap? We spend lot of money for that product and we want use all function.

Thanks

Kucapaca
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

In Slovakia we have the same problem. Alexa echo is working good. But Home speaker 500 is not working. When will be update available? Thank you

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

I can assure you we have passed all of your feedback along to development on the requests for Alexa integration.

We will absolutely let the community know once we have more information.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

StevenB71
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Soundbar 700 - Alexa setup

I have been trying to setup Alexa on the Soundbar 700 using the Bose app but to no avail.

When going into settings - voice assistance, a message stating 'unable to access any voice assistants... ' comes up.

Also tried using the Alexa app with the Bose skill, however this does not even discover the soundbar.

Running the latest firmware version 2.1.7-5249+275cb49 and also checked that on the same wifi network.

@bose ... Any ideas?
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 - Alexa setup

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Can you first confirm which country you're trying to setup the Soundbar 700?   Some countries are not supported yet for Alexa and the new Smart Home speakers and we are continually working with Amazon to get more and more countries access to these features.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

StevenB71
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Hi @Tony_A ,
The location is Malta.
Thanks,
Steve
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info.

Alexa is not yet supported in Malta.  If it becomes available, we will notify the Community with a stickied thread.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

StevenB71
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Hi @Brandon_M,
So basically you are telling me that I bought a product that does not fully function in my country.
Why wasn't I made aware of this by the agent in the local store?
Well, sadly, I might just take the product back then, since it cannot be operated to its full potential.
Huge disappointment @bose !!
Steve
CedricNL
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

This is a bit ridiculous indeed. I have just bought the soundbar 700 and not 300 because of the Alexa built-in functionality to find out that it doesn't work in the Netherlands. There is absolutely no indication of this on the Dutch Bose website, advertising instead that once you have the 700 you will be able to benefit from Alexa functionalities...nor a list of the enable countries. Instead we have to roam multiple forum discussions to find out... really not to the standard expected here and a bit hiding the reality here. The worse part in that Alexa works on my bose Noise cancelling headphone...Am I missing something here?

RemE
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Hi,

I recently bought the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 and recognize the unclearity regarding Alexa which was stated by CedricNL.

The Dutch Bose website only states the following regarding the Alexa Voice assistent: "Alexa is not available in all languages and countries".

Because there was no indication regarding which countries were in-scope and which are not, (just to make sure) I had a look the Amazon website regarding coverage. Amazon stated: Country: Netherlands, Language: English. English would have been find for the time being.

Only after buying the product, following the install procedure of the product and scanning through the internet, I have to assume (I still haven't been able to find a formal confirmation by Bose so far) the Netherlands are not support yet. Which is of course disappointing.

Can you please confirm if the assumption is correct? If so, can you please point out where an overview can be found of which countries and languages are supported by Bose/Amazon? As Amazon states it does support the Netherlands, even though this is English for now.