Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Re: Smart Home Alexa Availability

Same issue here, Alexa not supported in the Czech Republic on Home Speaker 500. VERY disappointing especially when BOSE distributors advertise Alexa functionality as one of key features. @bose please fix this soon; BOSE products are amazing and I’m surprised such issues are left unresolved 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

No problem 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Dear Bose,

I've gone through whole thread, and there could be a solution to make it possible in the not supported countries to use ENGLISH language of Google assistant, like you did it in your Bose QCII headphones, with google assistant working in english/polish.

Another example is that I have google speaker which is working with english language, in the region Poland.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Hello,

yesterday I bought Bose Home Speaker 500. I am from Slovenia and also same issue here, Alexa not supported in the Slovenia :(. At first very disappointing especially when BOSE distributors advertise Alexa functionality but here is solution which worked for me:

1. on mobile phone/tablet/laptop set up a VPN (In my case to Germany) and share that VPN connection via WiFi hotspot

2. login to Bose Music account and connect speaker to that hotspot over phone/tablet,...

3. Bose Music app ask you to sign in Alexa account

4. finish setup process

5. change WiFi on Speaker to home WiFi (reconnect to the non-VPN home wifi again) and Alexa integration works fine.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Thanks Mali07... Im also from Slovenija with the same issue.

Can I ask you how did you share VPN over the hotspot? May I ask... what software you used? I tried some free VPNs...but it did not work for me.

Thanks in advance

Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Hi there i have the same issue in Czech Republic. I can see this post is 2 years old and there has not been change. Do you even plan to add rest of the Europe. Or should we just get use to that Bose will screw us out?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Hi white666

I set up a VPN connection on my phone (mobile data) and then I turned it on (hotspot).
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: Smart Home Alexa Availability

Bose (...) Please provide support for voice assistants in another countries! I have Bose 300 and unfortunately can't use this advertised functionality in Poland. What a shame!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Re: Smart Home - Alexa and Google Voice Assistant Availability

Hello,

Voice assistant on my Bose home speaker 500 is not available in my country (Bolivia). Although other brand speakers Alexa work just fine here. 

Is there how to solve this?