Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

When will google assistant be made available in India for home speaker 300? I am a premium subscriber to spotify and I can't play spotify through the built in Alexa.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hola, necesito saber si Alexa o Google Assistant está disponible en Argentina.

Acabo de comprar el Portable Home Speaker y no me sirve sin este servicio.

Muchas gracias.

-----

Hello, I need to know if Alexa or Google Assistant is available in Argentina.

I just bought the Portable Home Speaker and it doesn't work for me without this service.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Hello, can you help me with the VPN configuration,  I'm from Chile, Android user and Alexa is not available in my Bose Home 500.

Thanks a Lot

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Few days ago I bought a Bose home speaker 500 with Alexa integrated.

Though Alexa doesn't work (because "it's not available in my region"). Alexa has already Portuguese Language (Brazil). Even so, why not an international version as it is possible in Echo form amazon? 

I´m very disappointed with this, because Alexa built-in made me choose Bose for my home speaker, and now I´ve just have a great sound speaker without an assistent wich was what I was looking for 😞

I know that Bose keep saying they are working with Alexa to solve the problem (the Portuguese importer keeps saying me that), but are you really going to solve the problem? at least an access to the English version of Alexa? 

Best regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I purchased the Bose Home Speaker 300. I bought this on the understanding that Google Assistant was available. I only discovered once set up that the Google Assistant is not available in New Zealand. Will this option be available in future? Do you have a roadmap?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hi Rodrigo.

1- reset your bose500 like fabric
2-uninstall the Bose app and reinstall 
3-install a vpn 
4-turn on your WiFi on your Android  and turn on your vpn and put in an French or English IP (I put mine in France) check a country with Alexa in spanish language maybe Spain or mexico 
5-once your location is on Spain or Mexico or other you can open the bose app and find your speaker 500 and continue the steps 🙂 
6- once Alexa instal you can turn off the VPN

i check than chile also have Alexa I don’t know why you can not instal it 

and check if your bose 500 have the Alexa also because there are some bose home 500 that maybe doesn’t have Alexa and that’s why doesn’t work
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Olá Nuno Leite,

Há um work surround para configurar a Alexa em Português (Brasil) do Bose HS 500. Eu tenho o meu.

Configura o Wifi em que vai ligar o BHS500 numa VPN dum país autorizado (aconselho UK para ficar com as horas iguais a Portugal), configura BHS500 e ativa Alexa. (Pode ter de configurar a linguagem noutra língua na ativação e depois trocar para PT).

Para configurar VPN pesquisar na net partilha VPN ou partilha rede.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Hi Nuno Leite,  
I'm also a Brazilian client using an Alexa built-in Bose Product. 

I've been playing the assistant on both languages: english and portuguese on my devices.

As a general rule, I strongly recomend you to change your country region and your address to a valid US address on your amazon profile. And restart your Bose configuration using a valid DNS or VPN running on US. 

Since this is done during the instalation, and everything's finished. You can disconnect your DNS or VPN. And use your device on your local internet provider's location.

Best regards 

Stocklen 
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Hi,

I'm from Indonesia using a Bose Home Speaker 300. I want to set up a google assistant since its the main selling feature for me but I noticed from the bose website that google assistant hasn't supported in my country. Is there any way to change the country for the speaker where google assistant is available i.e United States

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Thanks for the help, now Alexa is working great!!