nikos
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Re: Smart Home - Alexa and Google Voice Assistant Availability

I live in Greece and i i have bought the bose 700 full system for more than 2 years now. I am expecting an update for all this time so that i can use  voice assistant in my country but still nothing!! I paid over 2000 euros for the hole system and i cant use a basic feature like that!! Whats even more frustrating is that nobody from bose even bothered to give  a timeline of when and even if there is going to be an update so that i can have voice assistant!!

caraballojoejoe@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Re: Bose Smart Home Alexa Availability

I also purchased the BOSE 700 soundbar the 700 rear surround and the 700 woofer and Headphones,  I asked many questions before buying I was never told Alexa was not supported in my region, also I didnot see it on any of my bose products or manuals.  After many hours of research and calls I finally spoke to a Bose representative today and he confirmed it is not available in my area, I am in Puerto Rico Alexa stand alone Home works where I live,  I just cannot understand how such a High end product and with the quality Bose offers how they could missed this,  If it would have been indicated on products or informed before purchasing I would have gone with a different brand,  I have own many Bose products and must say with such a high price on these products I am highly upset about this and hope Bose corrects this issue soon.  

Butchoi
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Just install d bose music app and set up ur device. Download a vpn, i used vpn express, and set it to US (I conected to san francisco). Open bose music app settings and voice assistants should b there.

Screenshot_20210111_115836_com.expressvpn.vpn.jpg

Screenshot_20210111_115855_com.bose.bosemusic.jpg

isralex15153
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Bose home speaker 300 no se conecta a Alexa

Hola soy de Ecuador y mi parlante no se conecta con alexa para poder usarlo con la voz que fue la razón por la que lo compre.

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

MSC
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Hello there!

Can you help me please with the information I need to connect my SB bose 700 to Alexa via VPN connection? Could somebody tell me the steps I have to follow?

Thank you!

Zara Mahir
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2021

Re: SoundTouch 700 - Alexa & Amazon Music in Poland

i agree... this suck big time!! 😡 i bought bose home speaker 300 and my region doesn’t support the voice assistant?! Im from Maldives 🇲🇻.. wats the use of buying this now!! I hav to plug 🔌 it everytime if i hav to use this speaker!! I spent 299$ and 79$ for the shipping... 

Raiden
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hi, 

Thanks for your  help.

Could you tell if we could download the VPN and install only once on the phone and after setting up Google Assistant on SB 700 uninstall the vpn? Will that take alexa/google assistant out? 

Another question is what use is the Google assistant in an unsupported territory without VPN?