Apr 16, 2020

Re: Smart Home Speaker + Soundbar - Alexa and Spotify Issue

All working fine now. Thanks for the swift response 

dmac80
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

happy its fixed for most. Unfortunately my home portable still exhibits a hangup when commanding a playlist or song to play on spotify via google assistant. Usually occurs after startup. Hard reboot remains only fix as of now.

ravenson
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Finally what is the solution? Thanks

Southjet227
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

What was the fix? 
Hard resetting my Bose Home speaker still does not solve the issue. 

Southjet227
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

This issue has NOT been resolved. 
my Bose home portable speaker has been updated to the latest form ware and is still exhibiting the same issue. 
As soon as I ask Google Assist to play a a song or playlist, the speaker says, “ok. Playing xxxx playlist on Spotify. The speaker then just flashes a white light and no music plays. When I go into the Spotify app, the app indicates that the song is actually playing although nothing is coming from the speaker. 
not is only when I use AirPlay to play the song does It play. Google assistant does not work for Spotify music. 

please can Bose clearly lay out what the solution is. This is still an ongoing issue despite you saying the issue has been resolved. 

Andy_B
Community Manager

Southjet227 - The issues described within this thread were the result of a temporary cloud outage, which was resolved. Have you attempted any troubleshooting? Keith has outlined some good steps that I'd recommend you try above in the thread.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
stumpersteve
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2020

I have a Bose 300 and I live in Ontario, Canada. Exact same issue....and like others I have tried everything...reset, reinstall, power off and on, switched from Google Assistant to Alexa....

Looks like a disconnect from the app, in my case Spotify and Bose, because both Google Assistant and Alexa say they are going to play what I asked for on Spotify but then nothing happens.

alfardbeg
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Hi, I'm in the UK, using Portable Smart Speaker with the latest firmware (25 Nov 2020), linked my Spotify both with Bose app and the Amazon Alexa app. Made sure Spotify is my default music streaming service. The Alexa app does say the device is online. Now, whenever I try to talk to the speaker and command to play anything, the speaker says he found Spotify but then it fails to find the device!
It doesn't seem to be resolved. Not to mention that the Google Assistant isn't working at all! I can't even get the Bose app to set it up.

JohnH72
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

The issue is NOT fixed. I have a new Soundbar 500. I set it up as per guidelines and at first all was fine but after a few days Alexa started to say 'Sorry, that device is offline' whenever I used voice command to play music (Spotify is default service). I disconnected power from the bar and left it disconnected overnight. Next day I powered up and went through the setup procedure again. all was OK for a few days but then Alexa would say it was playing xx from Spotify but no music played though the Bose app showed that was. That time I tried a soft reset using the controller. That worked after going through the setup proc. yet again. Now, two days later, Alexa tells me again that Spotify is offline, though it can play music from Amazon.

If the problem was in the cloud does that indicate that it was in the Alexa service provided by Amazon, I.e. the Bose Skill?

I see that the Sonos devices suffer from the same problem. See .  https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-responds-but-will-not-play-music-.... Looks like the issue is really in Amazon Alexa, not the Bose devices. Are they trying to discourage customers from buying non Amazon devices?

JohnH72
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Alexa is playing music from Dpotify today without doing anything to solve yesterday's problem myself. Does anyone know why we get these intermittent failures?.