Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Smart Home products dropping WiFi

I have a Soundbar 700 and a Portable Home Speaker and both of these products will drop the WiFi and not reconnect until I unplug the soundbar and plug it back in or turn the home speaker off/on again. This is annoying because Alexa does not work without WiFi. I have already called customer service and they said it was my router and to check the settings on that, which I have done but it still keeps happening. Anyone have this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Smart Home products dropping WiFi

Hi tpcasey,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Wi-Fi connection on your speakers and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for trying that and letting us know. We do usually find that frequent disconnections will come down to settings on the router, so checking those is a great idea.

When you notice the connection to your speaker drops, what do the lights on the speaker show? Can you please check them against these descriptions and let me know? Soundbar 700 lightbar

I'm going to post our recommended router settings below for you, so you can double-check these were the settings you were looking for before. If you are unable to find any of them, our support team is able to go through these settings with you as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Recommended router settings

UPnP - Enable
Multicast - Enable
IGMP - Enable
Wireless Isolation - Disable
IGMP Proxy - Disable
Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
Stealth mode - Disable
MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
WPS - Disable
Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
WMM – Disable.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.