Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Smart Smartbar 300 randomly reboots

I have a new Smart Soundbar 300 out of the box.

[removed by moderator]

Firmware 3.0.11-1134+0a36e05

It is connected to the TV by fibre, WiFi to router is solid, as is internet from router.

When streaming music, the system works continuously.

When playing from the TV, the system randomly reboots. For example, in the course of an evening it, infuriatingly, will do this 2 or 3 times. There is no periodic duration between reboots or particular time of day. It has done this since I installed it.

I have powered it off completely numerous times.

Help is urgently needed. I love the system but after spend over £1200 on the bar and auxiliary speakers, my wife is threatening to rip it off the wall and send it back. I could do without the redecorating!

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Tegan_M

Re: Smart Smartbar 300 randomly reboots

Hi RobbieP,

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your new soundbar. 

I can see from the information you have provided us that there is an available firmware update for your Soundbar. If you follow the instructions provided in THIS LINK, this will assist you in updating your product. 

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Hi Tegan - thanks for the quick response.

I tried the Manual update instructions and nothing happened .... pressing the Vol- and the quaver-note (Bose Music) keys at the same time for 10s.

One the same point, why didn’t the speaker install the available update automatically?

Cheers

RobbieP

Marvin_B

Hi RobbieP

Thank you for trying the steps. Don't worry your speaker is on the latest firmware. This is the reason as well that is why it is not updating automatically at the moment.

I would suggest that you try checking and disabling the Auto-off mode of the soundbar. This feature turns off the soundbar after some time of inactivity. You can find steps HERE.

Let us know how it went.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Hi Marvin

Auto off and HDMI Advanced CEC are both disabled, already.

Regards

RobbieP

Jeff_G

Robbie, 

Can you please power on the TV and Soundbar, then remove the batteries from both the TV and Bose remotes to see if the soundbar still reboots itself?

I'll look forward to your results.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Hi Jeff

I don’t have a malfunctioning remote.

Yesterday I disabled Optical Auto-Wakeup in the App. Last night watched TV for 3h without a reboot. I will monitor this for the next few days to see if this is the culprit but I want to drill down to find the root cause.

Basically, disabling product features to resolve issues is not desirable or what I have paid for. Especially as this feature is really handy.

Regards

RobbieP

RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Turning off the Optical Auto has helped but the Soundbar still, occasionally reboots when watching TV programs or streaming content.

Any more ideas because I think I have disabled all features now.

Charlotte_G

@RobbieP Sorry that the issue still occurs. To confirm, you are connected to the soundbar via HDMI right? Would it be possible to connect via optical, just for testing purposes, to see if the rebooting still happens? This will allow us to identify if the reboot is triggered from the HDMI connection.

RobbieP
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

It is only connected via optical. I have not used HDMI.