AUBellbirdweb
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Smart Soundbar 300 - Google Speaker Groups

I purchased a brand new Smart Soundbar 300 today, installed and completed the setup and integration to Google Home.

I have been attempting to add the new Soundbar to a speaker group within Google and it does not appear within the available speakers to select from within google.

Upon searching other older threads relating to the Soundbar 700 I have found that 3 years ago many users were complaining that they could not add it to their Google speaker groups.

I’m hoping that 3 years later and with the very latest version of the smart Soundbar, that this feature has been added somewhere and I’m just missing it, or has this very simple feature not been added ?

The Soundbar is running firmware versions 3.0.10-945+d5524bc

Given this was one of the primary reasons I selected this product I hope this is available by now.

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: Smart Soundbar 300 - Google Speaker Groups

Hey AUBellbirdweb, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Congratulations on your new purchase. 

Grouping the Bose speaker with Google Speaker Groups isn't something that is supported on the Smart Soundbar 300, or any of our other Soundbars. This is a feature that we have raised with our development team, but don't currently have any further information on this. 

If any other users would like to see this, or any other features added to the Smart Soundbar 300 please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AUBellbirdweb
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Re: Smart Soundbar 300 - Google Speaker Groups

Thank you for your reply.

having seen the multiple requests for this feature in your other semi smart sound bars, I would have hoped you would be able to make this a standard feature by now.

having a smart speaker that the Google system doesn’t recognise as a speaker is simply ridiculous considering Bose have been asked for it for at least 3 years.

Can you please prioritise this feature.