Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Smart Soundbar 300

My wifi has been down for quite some time, but I wish to change the settings on my soundbar, can I not do this via bluetooth? I thought there would have at least been a bluetooth option as not everyone has access to wifi? or for times like this when wifi is down? 

With no settings on the controller, what else can I do? other than wait until the wifi is back up and running.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smart Soundbar 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-d7ac98

No worries, I'm happy to help!

You wouldn't be able to use any of the Bose universal remotes with this soundbar as they are not compatible, so you would not be able to control dialogue mode that way. The only way to do it is by using the app over Wi-Fi. If your Wi-Fi is down, it may be worth asking a neighbour nicely if you can use their connection briefly to change settings while you wait for yours to come back online.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi User-d7ac98,

Which settings are you looking to change on your soundbar? Most settings can only be changed through the Bose Music app with a Wi-Fi connection, but depending on the setting it might be possible to do this another way.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hello, I would like to change the dialogue mode off thx

Sadly it is currently only possible to turn dialogue mode off through the app, so if you are unable to connect over Wi-Fi it won't be possible to turn this off.

I'll certainly pass you feedback about having other ways to access these settings along to the development team as I'm sure other users would find them helpful as well. I can't say whether being able to control these kinds of settings without an internet connection will be possible, as the soundbar is designed to be an internet-connected smart speaker, but I'll let the team know this is something you would be interested in.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm not sure if the bose universal remote is compatible with the 300 soundbar, however would purchasing that allow me to control the function such as dialogue mode etc? 

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-d7ac98

No worries, I'm happy to help!

You wouldn't be able to use any of the Bose universal remotes with this soundbar as they are not compatible, so you would not be able to control dialogue mode that way. The only way to do it is by using the app over Wi-Fi. If your Wi-Fi is down, it may be worth asking a neighbour nicely if you can use their connection briefly to change settings while you wait for yours to come back online.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

My sound touch 300 stopped working suddenly about a week ago and I am trying to figure how to resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, Bose customer service has been less than helpful.  There is no power in the device and despite changing power outlets the device does not seem to power up.  Any tips/suggestions on how to get the unit back up or is it time to garbage this and move on to another brand? Very frustrating ;-(