Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

1920 JPG-PHS_Black_01096_Black.JPG

On Tuesday, June 8th, 2021, a new OTA firmware update will be made available for Bose Smart Speakers and Soundbars for a small number of users. The full rollout will then follow for all users two weeks later, on Tuesday June 22nd.

Firmware Versions:
Soundbar 500/700 & Home Speaker 450/500: 11.0.16

Smart Soundbar 300: 4.0.16

Portable Home Speaker & Home Speaker 300: 8.0.16

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• These speakers will now support Bluetooth AAC Playback 
  • New Spotify enhancements
    • Gapless Playback
      • Gapless Playback means your tracks will flow into the next song without pause (with the exception of Spotify ads, of course). This will now be on by default — so if you miss the gap, head over to Preferences (in the Spotify App or in a browser logged into your Spotify account) and turn it off.
    • Spotify Hifi support (Premium Subscription required)
      • Spotify HiFi is the popular music streaming service's long-anticipated entry into CD-quality streaming. Set to launch in 2021, it will allow Spotify Premium subscribers to 'upgrade' their membership so they can listen to higher-quality, lossless audio streams.
  • SimpleSync™ Enhancements
  • General Bug Fixes 
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
2 REPLIES 2
Waveform
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

Hi Wayne,

Tested my Soundbar 700 last night with Apple High-Resolution Lossless - via airplay from Iphone. I watched the data rate on my Amplify Router and it was spiking up to 42Mbps....

ALAC up to 24-bit/192kHz. It works fine - and I tested it using the Foo Fighters album "Wasting Light" which is in that spec.

Am I correct in saying the Soundbar 700 is delivering the Lossless OR is it down converting it?

Thanks

Shane

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

Hey @Waveform!

Sorry for the delay. I spoke to one of the engineers on this and the answer is we never downmix the audio - we decode it straight from the source and play it as high of quality as it comes in. 

Hope that answers your question!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!