Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvin_B

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

Hi kacikoby.

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your post.

The issue you are having just requires a simple reset.

All electronic products should be restarted from time to time. This will correct minor issues. Please try to reset the soundbar and the base module.

1. Sign out of your account in the Bose Music app.
2. Unplug the soundbar, bass module and router from power for 3 minutes.
3. After that, plug them back in and wait for the router and soundbar to fully restart.
4. Sign in back on the app and test the soundbar and the sound settings in the app.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
deepanker100
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Thanks @Adam K ! Your explanation indeed helps. HDMI In port is there in SoundTouch 300 but could not find specification of it.  I would assume it is HDMI 2.0b which I would believe could do 4K  but may not dynamic HDR.  In any case will go ahead and buy Apple TV. Again many thanks for your explanation. 

Waveform
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

HighRes.jpg

Thanks @Wayne_M 

So at present on my iPhone Xs (running ios 14.6) when I airplay (via wifi) to my Soundbar 700 I only have High Res Lossless selected as the option for streaming in the settings. So essentially regardless - IF I see the below while i am streaming to my BOSE  - do I assume its steaming High Res Lossless or just Lossless? I have been watching the data rate on my router (Amplify HD) and when I play High Res it spikes up to 50Mbs at times... Thanks

Adam K
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

@deepanker100, 

You are most welcome. Yes, I have no doubt you got the HDMI 2.0b since it does indeed handle 4K passthrough. 

Glad to hear that you decided to buy the Apple TV. I have no doubt you will enjoy the added benefits. Once you get it and set it up, go over to Apple Music and find the Spatial Audio playlists and tracks to check it out. You will certainly know if you have the correct settings and listening to it with Dolby Atmos audio. The difference is not subtle at all especially with some songs. For folks like us who have the full setup with base module and surround speakers, the effect is phenomenal.  

I can definitely recommend specific songs that I believe to be great examples for spatial audio. Not to mention you will get the same multichannel LPCM quality with Apple TV+ shows, Netflix and other streaming services. You should check out “Calls” and some specific  schenes from shows like “See” and few others. I would eat my words if you don’t end up rediscovering your SoundTouch 300 system :). Multichannel LPCM is noticeably better. 

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey @Waveform,

It’s not really up to the soundbar if the streaming is high res lossless or lossy, it’s on the source’s end. If the playback from Apple is lossless, we will play it, and depending on your network it can be lossy. If you’re seeing higher data on your Wi-Fi traffic, you can assume the high res is coming through.

Hope that helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Fox
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2021

Is the new firmware not downloadable manuality, before June 22nd? Can post the link to download? Sorry for my English, thanks and good evening

Jeuvie
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Still no update for my:

Soundbar 700  & Home Speaker 500

Portable Home Speaker

Home Speaker 300 

Fox
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2021

Now I have update my Soundbar 500 by manual initiate a software update, at last version, good evening

dutchgunner
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

I don't think lossless is anywhere near 50Mpbs. Not even 4K video takes that much bandwith.

dutchgunner
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Again I'm running into weird update issues.

First of all it stopped my music. Then I get the message on my iPad that an update is being installed.

But i can turn on the music again on my iPhone.

Not sure if it's updating at all now.