Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutchgunner
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

Also, I'm already looking at a update message for 30 minutes. "it will only take a few minutes"

How long should I give this process?

Sam_F

Hey dutchgunner,

The speed at which your update installs may depend on your internet speeds, but if you find no change after an hour or two, try resetting the Bose Music app, to see if it changes its status. You may find from closing and reopening the app that it syncs and recognizes the update has completed.

Also to note, the speaker will have a distinctive scrolling LED when completing the update. Once this has stopped and hasn't come back for a while, the update should be completed. Let us know how things are going!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Still stuck also on the firmware update also ... 

The app is saying from this morning that an update is on ... and it is almost finished ... its has been more that 6 hours than the update is almost finished .... 

What is the explaination ? (server too slow delivering the update ? bug ? ) 

mkhan
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2021

Keep on pop up this message from Bose music App. The apps can’t use at all. Can’t control Bose 700 Soundbar set.

E684A953-1E93-4EC3-93A1-059839892D35.png

Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Same situation ....

reytalolong
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2021

Hi,

Does this update usually take too long? My Bose Soundbar 700 updated but it is now pass 24hrs since it automatically updated. Can you help me with this one? By the way, my internet connection is 80 mb/s... please help me with this one.

Thanks..

Liam_G

Hello Reytalolong, thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with updating your soundbar, I will be happy to help. 

On average, our updates usually take at the most between 30/45 minutes for an update to be successful. 

Are you still seeing the moving white light on the front of your soundbar? 
If you are, I recommend using recovery mode to help the soundbar respond. You can follow our support article's guidelines on how to initiate recovery mode here.

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
reytalolong
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2021

Hi LiamG

After doing the recovery mode, the soundbar automatically returns to updating showing the white light still moving from left to right. It's been 12hrs now and it's still updating. I'm so disappointed to this. 

Bukira
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2021

Same issue for me, hrs to do an update the sound bar cant be used,

Not a very good server

Hector_B

Sorry to hear that you are both still experiencing this issue. 

Can you both please confirm which products you are attempting to update? This will provide us with the information we need to assist with the manual update steps. 

We look forward to your reply.