Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strotzi
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2021

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update – June 2021

Same problem with me too. Bose Soundbar 700 started an update 2 days ago and did not stop again. Manual update did not work either. Error message: The update file is incorrect. After a day the soundbar put into recovery mode, now the update hangs there too and does not finish.

Bukira
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2021

The Bose soundbar 300, had it less that 3 weeks, it started an auto update today and has been useless all day, left it for hours then tried an unplug and back in, no joy, it’s in the left-right white bar showing it’s installing, left again for hrs, then tried the recovery mode via the green bar and again it’s in install mode, left again for hours

I know have an over £300 useless piece of hardware that was given as a birthday present, I never asked for it up update, tired all solutions and it’s totally bricked, not what I expect from a Bose product and company

from search on here it seems this is a very common problem that happens to many people over the years, 

please sort this out, very disappointed in Bose 

rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I have a major issue. After this update if I group together bose 700 and bose home speaker 300 and play music through spotify and select grouped speakers the first song plays as expected on both speakers but once the first song ends and the second one is played automatically then music plays only on the first speaker (bose 700) and on the second one it doesn't play anymore. If I skip then to the next track it plays normally. But if I then again leave the speaker playing song on the playlist without skipping I get again mentioned issue. In bose music app speakers are despite the issue presented as grouped.

Liam_G

Hello Rolc and thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Spotify on your speakers. 

Have you tried any other troubleshooting? I would recommend removing the group and then creating it again and test once more to see if the issue remains. 

How are you playing from Spotify; Have you added it as a service through the Bose Music app or are you streaming to the group via Spotify connect? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

@Liam_G @Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes I have tried restarting all devices, removing and adding back spotify account and restarting my phone and reinstalling bose app on android. In addition to home speaker I have also bose smart portable speaker and the issue is the same if I group in pairs or all 3 devices at once.

Update: I did some additional testing and I noticed that the problem is only when I group bose soundbar 700 with either bose home speaker or bose portable smart speaker (probably because soundbar 700 is on different software then bose portable smart speaker and home speaker 300). The problem is still that next song on playlist is played only on bose 700 despite the fact that bose app is showing that speakers are still grouped. I then tried to update manually via usb all 3 devices to the latest firmware. Update was successful but the problem still persist. 

Hab_silva
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2021

How long does this update take? 
It’s been on update mode since yesterday morning. 
white light going from left to right. 
for soundbar500 

rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

@Liam_G do you maybe have any info on the issue above between bose soundbar 700 and home speaker 300 or smart portable speaker not working correctly since the new update when grouped and music being played over spotify. 

Can on bose side be tested on their devices if this is issue spesific to me or is general. 

Thanks in advance!!

It is the reason why I bought into whole multiroom and now I cant use it.

Charlotte_G

@rolc Sorry that the issue persists for you. I have tested this myself with a Soundbar 700 and two Home Speaker 500's and the issue did not occur. 

Could you please reset all of the devices by removing power for 30 seconds! Additionally, reset your router by disconnecting from power for 60 seconds.

Let me know if this changes anything.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

@Charlotte_G@Liam_G  Thank you for testing. But I did no expect a problem when tested between Home speaker 500 and soundbar 700 since both are using the same firmware that is11.0.16. 

The problem is when speakers are grouped which are using different firmware:

Smart portable speaker and home speaker 300 use firmware 8.0.16

Soundbar 700 and home speaker 500 use firmware 11.0.16.

So I don't have problem with grouping home speaker 300 with smart portable speaker (since they are on the same firmware). And you don't have problem grouping Sb 700 and home speaker 500 (since they are on the same firmware)

But I do have problem with grouping SB 700 with home speaker 300 or smart portable speaker since sb 700 has a different firmware.

What I did by now is:

reset all devices for 30 seconds multiple times

Update again all devices via usb to the latest firmware

Reinstalled bose home app to the latest version

Removed spotify accounts and added them back

The problem is still here and I did not have it before update. If no one from support team is not able to test the same setup as I have then I will need to return all 3 products back to the store and buy Sonos where things work since this is a feature that you promote that works but it looks like it doesnt work.

rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

@Charlotte_G @Wayne_M @Liam_G 

Please update me on the sibject above or or report this to your developers since this is very frustrating.

I signed in with friends account to DEEZER instead of SPOTIFY and it works normally. 3 grouped speakers are playing music when next track is played SO THIS IS CLEARLY SOMETHING YOUR DEVELOPERS MESSED UP WHEN UPDATING GAPPLES PLAY ON SPOTIFY.

PLEASE FIX, REPORT, SOLVE! I DID NOT PAY FOR 2.5K SYSTEM TO IDENTIFY PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF YOU!!!!