Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - Nov 2019

@Wayne_M wrote:

On November 13th, an automatic update will be made that will give you access to additional features. There will be no additional firmware download necessary. We will have more details regarding these features at that time!

I'm a bit confused by this statement. Are you about to announce some additional features that aren't in the post, or were you saying you will just have more details about the dolby latency, security and Alexa improvements?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

@Charlotte_G @This is a joke. Yet again you are breaking people’s bars with an update. Bose has no clue what is going on with its own product.  This is a major issue. Do the right thing and start authorizing refunds and let people get their hard earned money back. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Unfortunately not. The only thing my controller is currently controlling is the TV.

Neither of the proposed solutions worked.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Concerning the November 13th firmware update originally mentioned on this topic.

I think clients would appreciate more transparency, even if that means the firmware release was delayed in order to fix critical bugs such as the ARC issue.

thank you 

Highlighted

Hello Risnejir, 

Thanks for reaching back out and updating us.  

I am so sorry that you are still having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your device. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

I am sorry that we were unable to assist more in this case.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Sorry but I can’t see what difference it could make if I contacted local customer support. 

I will just accept the situation and hope that you communicate to whomever it is concerned. 

I am quite surprised that you do not have an option to stay on an older firmware if there are breaking changes. Just having the option to roll back one firmware from within the app would be nice. Or if you, as customer support, had an override to put your edge case customers.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

@Vicky_W 

When are Bose going to start acknowledging that there is an issue and stop treating us like we are stupid? Your expensive soundbar is broken and it’s tarnishing the reputation of your company. You are advising someone to take it to their service center but it’s not going to help. I have taken mine to my local service center twice and it works when they test it but the issue happens again after a few days when I get it home again. Before you blame it on my TV too...i took it home the first time and put it on my main tv (samsung) and the bar lost the HDMI connection within a couple of weeks. The second time the guy from the service center was arranged to come and set it up for me. We did it on another tv (Sony) and again it lost connection within 2 weeks. So 2 different TVs and both times the same issue. I have set up a Sonos Beam and it’s worked flawlessly with a constant connection via HDMI ARC. Oh..it sounds much better too. 

the service center has no interest in doing the longer term test that is needed but it has to be done. Compared to some people on here I guess I am lucky that it lasted a couple of weeks as they are resetting daily. Would love to know how you and your colleagues would feel if it was your soundbar and it was happening to you. 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@ThierryB is correct and the previously alluded to feature was Spotify for free! I have updated the original post to now link to the announcement.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

@Wayne_M  thanks for fee Spotify connect.

While at it, related on that specific theme, can one of Bose support engineers now look at the Spotify Connect vs Airplay handover bug in smart home speakers (Portable Home speakers and al)?

Thanks!