Highlighted
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - Nov 2019

I actually only own two Bose products ..... my sound bar 700 (with a 700 sub and surround speakers) and noise canceling earbuds. The 700 sound bar is my real introduction to Bose. I’m shocked at how few improvements are made between updates. I get it that the 700 is just supposed to be basically a semi-“smart“ sound bar but how hard can it be to add to 700 to a group of rooms with Alexa? It’s kind of shocking that Sonos can have it for quite some time now and Bose can’t. Also, how hard can it be to add the option of switching inputs within the app for the majority of us who have smart remotes and can’t be bothered with the one that came with the 700. OK, I added Spotify this morning but then I realize that after I’m done playing music I have to fish out the Bose remote control in order to go back to my TV audio. It’s kind of ridiculous for a product I’ve paid around $1700 for. 

Highlighted
vineryap
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Hello @Wayne_M , could we get the complete details for the current and future updates? I’m sure it wouldn’t harm Bose and customers will be happy with the transparency.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

So here we go... 2 new issues have now been introduced with the Bose remote and firmware 6.0.15 on Bose soundbar 700:

- There is a big lag when pressing the keys repetitively to navigate through menus on the TV or Apple TV - The remote is very slow to respond or transmit the command to the devices

- Sometime pressing once a button on the remote sends multiple times the same command to the device - For example pressing once the right arrow on the Bose remote will move the cursor very fast 4-5 position to the right instead of 1 as expected.

This is yet another new issue introduced by a firmware update. When will Bose release a new firmware without breaking something that was working before ???

And still no fix for all the other issues introduced by the previous firmware updates...

Honestly I do not understand how Bose can release firmware after firmware and keeps introducing new issues each time.

@Bose and yes before you ask, I have done a full reset of the soundbar and and went through the setup again and it doesn’t change anything!

Ridiculous.

Highlighted
Pazza
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

What’s the problem may I ask . I just bought a Soundbar 700 and bass module for my daughter , set everything up ! arc to a 5yr old smart tv (Samsung) Telstra tv also . Everything works fine through the Bose controller . YouTube plays through tv and sound directed to Soundbar without any flaws . The only thing I changed was on tv in settings /sound directed all sound through receiver connection. 

Highlighted
Hevymetal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I gave up and went out and bought a Sonos soundbar and sub.

I gave up trying to get the Bose soundbar working correctly. Especially when they wont even admit there is a problem.. I returned it and then went out and bought a Sonos soundbar and Sub. Best choice I've made. The Sonos unit works flawlessly and even sounds better the the Bose. In my humble opinion they have burnt the bridge by ignoring this issue and I wont be returning any time soon. Goodbye Bose, Hello Sonos.

Highlighted
Diomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Anne, are you kidding?  How can you possibly believe that fw 5.0.14 fixed the ARC/HDMI issues when the release notes for that firmware explicitly said it did NOT fix those issues and I quote;

"Please note that we are currently investigating complaints about lack of HDMI audio through the system."  and that firmware 5.0.14 was only a minor bug fix for the remote and not a solution to the greater audio issue."

seriously this is beyond a joke now.

Highlighted
vineryap
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: I gave up and went out and bought a Sonos soundbar and sub.

Hi @Hevymetal 

I can understand how you feel with the service and the product quality that we received by paying the premium price, I will do the same thing (ask for a refund) if I have the same problem, luckily I’m not, at least for now and hopefully never.

Just out of my curiosity, what makes you choose sonos over the others that has Dolby Atmos compatibilities?

Highlighted
RAMSHIK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

@vineryap 

SONOS is not super either.

1. Complex setup out of the box, (long).

2. Own ecosystem

3. No DTS

4. Awful soundbar look

In general, there are still no decent DOLBY ATMOS on the market, there is a sony but it sucks for that kind of money. Even buying and setting up a DOLBY ATMOS we get from the film just a couple of scenes where we feel like rain is playing from the top speakers or an airplane is flying. I think it's not worth it.

BUT if Bose implemented such a system, I would definitely supplement my 5.1 (3x700) just what would happen.

Highlighted
vineryap
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

@RAMSHIK 

Right, I also have similar thoughts with you, and because of what you are right about the Atmos effect only from a couple of scenes from movies, it's not worth it. Maybe in the future with more contents to enjoy the Atmos effect.

About Sony, I never heard the sound in person yet so I can't comment anything about it but I saw a lot of reviewers are recommending the Sony and Samsung soundbar set up.

I really hope Bose will implement the DD TrueHD, Atmos, all the latest technologies to the 700 series, I don't mind spending more money to add more speakers if they can get it works properly and make us feel that it is the right decision to stay in Bose ecosystem.

Highlighted
Hevymetal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

While the Sonos isn't perfect by any means. I am impressed by it's sound quality and ability to integrate with many streaming services/sources Amazon/Google (far more then Bose). My experience with the setup was easy and problem free. The wireless connections works good. I have now got a sound bar, sub and 2 Sonos play 1 for the rear surround. The software is excellent for dialing in the right sound setup for a specific room via adjustment settings. It functions with my LG TV with no issues. Sonos has an excellent user/support base. They actually listen to their customers and address any issues or problems they may have. Having the ability to stream .mp3s directly off my Plex server is also a plus.