Smart Speaker Firmware Update - UPDATED May 28th 2020
UPDATE- May 28th
Starting on Wednesday, May 27th, a new firmware update (5.0.14) is being rolled out for the Bose Portable Home Speaker. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until June 9th. This update includes a fix for an issue that could cause the system to be put into an unrecoverable state if exposed a cellular device actively uploading on a 4G-LTE network.
Starting on Tuesday, May 5th, a new firmware update will be rolled out for Smart Speakers and Soundbars. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until May 12th. This update adds TV as an available input selection, as well as more SympleSync™ compatible products.
Soundbar 500/700: 8.0.13
Home Speaker 500/450: 8.0.14
Home Speaker 300: 5.0.13
Portable Home Speaker: 5.0.13
- Firmware update for Smart Speakers includes SimpleSync™ support for the following products:
- SoundSport Free
- SoundSport Wireless / Pulse
- SoundLink Mobile I, II and III
- Bose S1 Pro
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Improvements to OTA Progress bar (Lightbar Indicator)
- A4V TV Detection- Now, soundbar users can switch between audio from TV and other audio sources, such as listening to music services.
- SimpleSync™ Education & Setup- New screens informing SympleSync™ available products and setup walk-through