Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Smart Speaker Firmware Update - UPDATED May 28th 2020

Smart-Home-board.png

UPDATE- May 28th

Starting on Wednesday, May 27th, a new firmware update (5.0.14) is being rolled out for the Bose Portable Home Speaker. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until June 9th. This update includes a fix for an issue that could cause the system to be put into an unrecoverable state if exposed a cellular device actively uploading on a 4G-LTE network.

Starting on Tuesday, May 5th, a new firmware update will be rolled out for Smart Speakers and Soundbars. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until May 12th. This update adds TV as an available input selection, as well as more SympleSync™ compatible products.

Firmware Versions:
Soundbar 500/700:  8.0.13
Home Speaker 500/450: 8.0.14
Home Speaker 300: 5.0.13
Portable Home Speaker: 5.0.13

Features:

• Firmware update for Smart Speakers includes SimpleSync™ support for the following products:
    • SoundSport Free
    • SoundSport Wireless / Pulse
    • SoundLink Mobile I, II and III
    • Bose S1 Pro

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• Improvements to OTA Progress bar (Lightbar Indicator)
  • A4V TV Detection- Now, soundbar users can switch between audio from TV and other audio sources, such as listening to music services.
  • SimpleSync™ Education & Setup- New screens informing SympleSync™ available products and setup walk-through

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
74 REPLIES 74
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

Will this update correct the airplay issues on the portable home speaker? 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Wayne, what exactly is A4V TV Detection? There's no mention of anything if I google it. Does this mean that we will be able to switch inputs within the app now or does it mean that the soundbar will automatically switch to the tv input if it gets a audio signal?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Hi Wayne,

Any chance that F/W upgrade fix grouping problem ? When  speakers are going into standby, i am  losing the group. ? maybe SimpleSync can help here ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Will this add any native features such as alarm and sleep timers? Or add integration between apps (eg asking Google to play TuneIn) 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2020

How to I update the firmware on my Home Speaker 500?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I am still patiently awaiting music for alarm and timers on my bose smart home speaker 500. Alexa seems to understand the commands, but it never works.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Ciao Gyberia,

I found this issue (music alarm) mentioned in the community since 2018.

Please, join the thread below on the topic. I hope the more of us show up and re-up the thread, the most likely someone in bose will address our need 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Music-Service-as-Alarm-on-Home-Speaker-500/m-p/292203

ciao

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

What exactly is ...

A4V TV Detection- Now, soundbar users can switch between audio from TV and other audio sources, such as listening to music services.

What does that mean exactly?? I see in the new app you can select TV/Bluetooth/AirPlay as the source ... but does the A4V TV Detection mean something different??

I'm really hoping it automatically detects TV at source and changes it automatically if you were playing AirPlay/Bluetooth/Spotify for example. TV should always default over them when detected as new. Let's see when I get the update....!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I hope that can finally group speakers permanently or create a stereo pair