Highlighted

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

Hi All,

@Raiden, it's great to hear you have got the update installed now! You'll have to let us know how you find once you've had a chance to test!

@BlinkTech, Thanks for that suggestion, I'll be sure to pass it along to our development team for consideration. If you do have any more feature suggestions, please do create a new thread on the community as we'd love to hear what we can do to improve your experience!

@Shrek4, It's really weird your remote only works with your TV shortly after pressing the action button. From how you've described it, it does sound like the IR signal may not be reaching your TV correctly. If it only works when you have just pressed the action button it is likely at that point you are close enough for the IR signal to bounce off you to reach the TV.

Check out this thread for more information on how to get this works. If you need more info, please drop a message there so we can focus on your issue and it won't get lost in this longer post!

@Jesco74, If your speaker is not showing up in the Airplay device list, check out the troubleshooting steps in THIS guide to get you started. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Re: Flashing white light - Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

I was having the same problem as micekm85 with the flashing white light on the Soundbar 500 after the firmware update.

I did a factory reset and the issue seems to be fixed so far.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-soundbar500.html

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

i just completed a factory reset and the flashing light returned... no idea what to do now...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Mine is still working normally with no flashing white light at this point a few hours after the reset.  Sorry that didn’t work for you. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

i’ll try again tomorrow, maybe unplug from power after reset before setting back up again

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Keith_L after the firmware update the day before yesterday (soundbar 700) , today, sudden  flashing white light (for 3-5 minutes and went away after that) and the soundbar lost all connection to Samsung TV (connected via ARC). Initially TV was showing Receiver (HDMI) as a source but the sound was not coming from the bar 700 and after I restarted the TV and the bar. Now it's not even showing as a source on TV I have tried the following:

1. unplugging and plugging back the soundbar from power  

2. Unplugging and plugging back the HDMI cable 

3. restarting the router

4. I selected TV as a source both in Bose Music App (IOS 3.3.4) and the mobile shows it is playing from TV when it is playing through TV speakers. On the music app 

Only radio stations are working. Please help, I am getting tired with Bose 700

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I do not see any Receiver (HDMI) on TV. ARC cable does not seem like the problem as when i attach unattach and attach that bakc to TV it sets up Bose. just in the source menu I cannot select receiver HDMI as it is not there. 

I do not want to do factory reset as I would have to carry out AdaptIQ again. 😞

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

you have to do it inche soundbar will not work properly

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

It would be nice if the developers added tone compensation at low volume

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

One thing I’ve noticed since the latest update is that my audio/video sync seems to be more consistent. I have a Newer Sony tv and Comcast X1. The audio sync has been all over the place depending on the station. It appears to be much better now.