Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

Yes I agree with you totally. The volume oF SB700 is good up to about 40% after that it is baseless and so sharp pitched that it  is unpleasant hard-hitting noise! Some serious adjustment needs to be made.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Keith_L I have now had a chance to test the new firmware update.

The new firmware is causing all sorts of problems for me which used not be the case before. Initially the TV would not recognize the soundbar even when it was showing soundbar 700 as an output source. That problems occurred twice  and I had to unplug and re-plug back everything (Samsung smart TV, HDMI ARC, soundbar 700) to bring them to work together. 

The TV source does not automatically does not switch to bar even when I select source as TV on the app.

Now a new problem has arisen. From yesterday the TV remote would not increase/decrease the the volume of the soundbar at all (even after resetting)-no display nothing even when soundbar is playing from TV. Previously, on all occasions, the smart TV remote would show receiver hdmi+/- when increasing/ decreasing volumes. The TV remote  volume button works when TV speaker is on but not when the soundbar is playing. However, BOSE remote does it and app does works too. Do you know what could be doing this? I have tried resetting both TV and the bar. Not happy with the update now.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Just had EXACTLY the same experience trying to manually update the BOSE 500 not too smart speaker....

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Oh I forgot to mention, another issue with the firmware.... random white flashing light on the bar 700 (even when the bar is connected to the internet and playing from TV).....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Yellow flashing light is Alexa notification light. Just say "Alexa ... read notification" and it will read out the available notification and then stop flashing. It worked for me.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

White flashing light is back on my Bose SoundBar 500 with the latest firmware and after a full reset.

BOSE HELP!!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I have a BOSE S1 Pro, which I only purchased yesterday. When I try and do the firmware update it takes like an hour to 'Prepare product update' and then will not transfer or update my speaker. Then I have to do the whole 1 hour thing again. After trying this 3 times (3+ hours) am a bit frustrated now. Any advice would be appreciated. I do not have a laptop, well I do, but it is my work one and will not let me launch the updater without admin password.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Starting on Wednesday, May 27th, a new firmware update (5.0.14) is being rolled out for the Bose Portable Home Speaker. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until June 9th. This update includes a fix for an issue that could cause the system to be put into an unrecoverable state if exposed a cellular device actively uploading on a 4G-LTE network.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2020

My bose soundbar 500 with firmware version 8.0.13-8133+552c64a started to have a weird sound on the right side of the speaker, I already multiple sources of sound and all of them have problems. It sounds is like crackling when the sound is 60% loud and it does not matter if is dolby or stereo or none. Also checked that there is no special configs on my sound, I try the bose music app as well and no setting is solving my problem.

There is another post similar to mine

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-500-crackle-in-right-rear-speaker-after-4-0-8-firm...

Highlighted

Hey jonatthu, 

That does seem strange! 

Is this a new issue with the latest firmware or has it always been there? Have you tried a reset at all? If not, follow the steps here to complete this. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.