Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juaotor
Collaborator
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

I have the same problem with volume increase/decrease and mute, and the only way to solve it is by power cycling soundbar and TV, after deactivating and reactivating Advanced CEC + unplugging the HDMI cable from ARC HDMI port. Very annoying since its happening on a daily basis ever since the latest FW was introduced.

jonatthu
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I did all the possible things that the Bose guides tells me also the device has just one year old and is having this problem, please talk to the software devs on Bose to fix this issue 

ravenson
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Me too, same day at same time... ghost in The bar... 

ravenson
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Me too, same day at same time... ghost in The bar... 

Sergei73
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

A similar problem bose stop mocking solve problems.

Rafael25050
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - UPDATED May 28th 2020

Hey, my speaker has been updating since June 2th and until today it dosent fisnished the update, can someone tell me what happend?

reddy00
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - UPDATED May 28th 2020

Hi, ever since the update to 8.0.13, my Soundbar 700 doesn't connect to TV each time i turn it on. Connected via ARC and CEC is enabled. Tried the troubleshooting video on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYI7VaJFZs) but to no avail. It was working fine previously. I hope BOSE fix this issue soon.

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=VNYI7VaJFZsAre you curious about the HDMI ARC feature built into your So...
Piquman
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Firmware update

Hi!. I Have a Home Speaker 500, running firmware 8.0.14-8927+0aa351d.

Is this the latest firmware available?. 

Thanks!

Vicky_W

Re: Firmware update

Hello Piquman, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Yes, you are on the latest firmware version! 

Let me know if you need anything else.😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
T’Bruce
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Re: Firmware update

Bose Home Speaker 500 just updated to FW 8.0.14. Was workin fine until I unplugged it and then plugged it back in.  Screen was blank, couldn’t connect to WiFi. Finally did factory reset. Enabled Alexa voice assistant, which promptly crashed the speaker requiring another factory reset. Tried to re-flash the firmware, but the IP address in the Bose firmware update instructions just timed-out, so that was a dead end.  Finally got it working at a basic level, sans Alex given my last experience. However now Airplay doesn’t work. Can’t see the Bose Speaker from any of my iOS devices.  The 8.0.14 firmware has been a disappointing experience for me. A speaker should “just work” and instead I’ve spent more than 4 hours trying to troubleshoot this using Bose’s instructions to no avail.