Itsjustmeee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - May 5th 2020

My guess is that this could be a feature that recognizes an audio signal from the tv and will switch back to that input if you're still in the bluetooth input but I guess we'll all see in a few days. 

Mark Langley
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Since the update on both IOS (iphone10 & ipad2) I can no longer access my Smart Speaker in the Bose Music App - it shows the device but says product not found. Also can’t re-add using the app either, as it does not find the device. The only way to connect is using pure Bluetooth to play some music. Very disappointing as only had the speaker for less than a week.

Tal81
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

My firmware is still 7.0XX

But, with the iPhone app update, I can now control input from the app to either tv as source, Bluetooth, or Apple Music/Airplay 2.

im assuming this is the A4 functionality they are talking about.

Got the 700 with LG C9 OLED and AppleTV4k

alberto.desi
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

I still have the 7 version on my soundbar 500. I tried to download the firmware from the website to install it manually but from the support site the new firmware is not yet available. Could you publish it? The link to download I’m referring is https://worldwide.bose.com/support/SB500FW

thanks

Petrinho17
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

I’m still with 7.0.11..it is the first time i’ve to wait 5 days for a firmware update...

Itsjustmeee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Well, it does say "you may not receive the update until May 12". I'd be more excited about this update if I knew what the hell A4V TV Detection was.

stupoox
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Haha same ... still on 7.0.11 here ... not sure even Bose know what A4V Detection is !! Think they just made it up 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

alberto.desi
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Anyone received the update with the new firmware?

I read that we are all still on 7 version 🙂

Thanks

Raiden
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Still with 7.0.11...I guess this is the longest I have waited for an firmware update....not even sure if this is being rolled out everywhere? 

does anyone know what happens if you don't receive the update by 12th  May?

Itsjustmeee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I'm guessing that most of us will see our firmware updated tomorrow night ... or a day or two after that. Personally I wouldn't try to manually update. I'd just rather it do its own thing. I'm pretty sure we'll all get it within a few days.