Smart Speaker Update - August 20 2019
Starting on Tuesday, August 20th, a firmware update will be rolled out for Bose Smart Home Speakers and Soundbars. The updates will roll out in 2 phases with phase 1 on August 20 and phase 2 on August 21. There is no Bose Music App update.
What is in this release?
- Alexa and Google Voice Control Enhancements:
- For Amazon Alexa users, you will be able to control video content through voice commands to Soundbars 500 and 700 with commands such as "pause on tv" or "pause on <device name/location> tv" and "play on tv" OR "play on <device name/location> tv".
- For the Google Assistant, there are improvements to how playback occurs after a pause, and alarms can now be stopped by saying "Stop", without the need for a wakeup word.
- Additional bug fixes & enhancements
- Speaker tone on voice command volume changes
- Soundbar 500/700 Audio fix
- Home Speaker 300: 2.0.8
- Home Speaker 500: 5.0.11
- Soundbar 500: 5.0.12
- Soundbar 700: 5.0.12
- Bose Music App: No update but the current version is: 2.2.3
Please be aware that this firmware update will be rolling out over 3-4 days so you may not see the update at the time of this announcement. Your speaker or soundbar will automatically update as long it is connected to the network and left idle overnight between hours 2-5AM.