Mavis76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Smart home 500 Bluetooth is terrible and Google support non existent.

Bluetooth has never worked properly since purchase. I've tried multiple devices, multiple factory resets, multiple apps. Checked firmware, upgraded my devices and factory reset my devices. Bluetooth works just fine on my cheap amazon outdoor Bluetooth speaker. Bluetooth works for 20 minutes then cuts in and out. The only way to reconnect is to unplug and wait. Sometimes that doesn't work then I have to perform a factory reset. It works again for 20 minutes or so and then the same issues occur. After a factory reset I have to set everything back up for it to fail right away. 

Also, how can you say you support Google assistant but don't support a single google streaming service... We purchased the speaker this February when Google assistant was first announced because your staff at the Bose store here in Edmonton said it will support Google AND its services sometime in 2019. What a disappointment when you can't do anything with it because you don't support it. Can this garbage be returned so I can spend less money on a Sonos that DOES support Google streaming apps? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Smart home 500 Bluetooth is terrible and Google support non existent.

Hello Mavis76,

Thanks for posting this thread and welcome to the Community! 

I understand your frustration in this situation, it sounds like you have tried a lot of great troubleshooting. I would be more than happy to help you out today, I recommend that you try rebooting your Bluetooth device and try testing the Bluetooth with another phone. You mentioned that you are having difficulty with Google Assistant, what specifically are you trying to do?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Mavis76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

I've tried multiple phones. None work. 

Google assistant works, but you do not support Google apps. How can you have one without the other? 

Hi Marvis76, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I would recommend making sure that the Home Speaker 500 is up to date with the latest Firmware. You can check this in the Bose Music Application under product information. 

At Bose, we are working hard to bring as many services as possible to our line of products. To keep up to date with all our Announcements, head over to the Announcement board Here

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Mavis76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Please just answer my questions.

Where is the support for google apps your COMPETITORS offer?

This garbage speaker is fully updated. It updates itself which is stated right on your support page. Even sirius radio is now skipping. There is nothing wrong with my router or network. Our Google Home speaker has 0 issues. Thats right, 0, and its one quarter of the price.

What is the next step? Throw it through your store window?

Hello Mavis76,

Thanks for getting back in touch, while we do have Google Assistant integrated this is still a new technology and we are excited to add more functionality in the future. 

You mentioned that you are also experiencing difficulty when using a Wifi connection, is this the same issue you are getting with the Bluetooth connection? Are you getting any error messages on the speaker or on the Bose Music app?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C