Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TreyG
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2021

Smart soundbar 300 surround sound speakers question before purchase

This may seem ridiculous to some of you, but here is the question: Do the wireless surround sound speakers ONLY work if the source is encoded for surround?   I ask because I'm moving from a samsung surround sound system that would send music from Spotify and YouTube through the back speakers even though I don't think the music was recorded in surround mode.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Smart soundbar 300 surround sound speakers question before purchase

Author Accepted Answer selected by TreyG

Hey TreyG, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Regarding your query, the use of the surround speakers is usually determined by the audio format of the source device. However, I have seen sources such as Spotify automatically play on the surround speakers. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Smart soundbar 300 surround sound speakers question before purchase

Author Accepted Answer selected by TreyG

Hey TreyG, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Regarding your query, the use of the surround speakers is usually determined by the audio format of the source device. However, I have seen sources such as Spotify automatically play on the surround speakers. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post