User-d7ac98
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Smart soundbar 300

I have recently purchased the smart soundbar 300 and paired it with the bass module 500 and it’s been working perfectly over the last couple of days.

The product is fine, although it’s more a question of limiting connectivity. I want the soundbar only to be connected to my TV (and my phone for the app) however, when I go onto my iPad or Spotify on my phone, I can select the soundbar and start playing music, despite the soundbar being turned off. Is there any way I can switch this off?

I have turned off no sharing with other devices on the network, although my other devices are still picking up the soundbar? And no doubt anyone else on the WiFi network.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Smart soundbar 300

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi All,

Even with sharing turned off through the Bose Music app, it is still possible for Spotify to detect the speaker and play to it by using Spotify Connect. With Spotify Connect, the app will automatically detect compatible speakers and devices on your Wi-Fi network and allow you to play to it from within the Spotify app. It doesn't have to be your Spotify account to be able to detect the speaker, any Spotify account on the same Wi-Fi network will detect the speaker and be able to play to it. Airplay also works in a similar way, where it will automatically detect any compatible speakers for you to play music on the same Wi-Fi network.

As these are features of Spotify Connect and Airplay, there isn't any way to disable this. Turning off sharing in the Bose Music app will only stop other users from adding your speaker to their Bose Music account, it won't limit the features of Spotify or Airplay.

I hope this helps clarify this for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Hey there,

It's great to hear that you're enjoying your Smart Soundbar 300 with Bass Module 500 system. 

By turning the sharing with other devices feature off, this just means that another person is not able to add it to their Bose Music account. It's not possible to limit this with Spotify Connect and AirPlay. Sorry about that!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Hi @User-d7ac98. Bose product support on the Bose Music app are linked to your account. If you do not want to access any products on the Bose Music app from any other device other than your phone, then you need to log out of the Bose Music app on the other devices. 

Hope this helps!

User-d7ac98
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi, thanks for your message. The issue is, its connected to WiFi, anyone on the same WiFi network can start playing music to the soundbar. They haven't connected to my bose music app or Spotify etc.. so not sure how they can connect to it. 

Keith_L

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi All,

Even with sharing turned off through the Bose Music app, it is still possible for Spotify to detect the speaker and play to it by using Spotify Connect. With Spotify Connect, the app will automatically detect compatible speakers and devices on your Wi-Fi network and allow you to play to it from within the Spotify app. It doesn't have to be your Spotify account to be able to detect the speaker, any Spotify account on the same Wi-Fi network will detect the speaker and be able to play to it. Airplay also works in a similar way, where it will automatically detect any compatible speakers for you to play music on the same Wi-Fi network.

As these are features of Spotify Connect and Airplay, there isn't any way to disable this. Turning off sharing in the Bose Music app will only stop other users from adding your speaker to their Bose Music account, it won't limit the features of Spotify or Airplay.

I hope this helps clarify this for you!

View solution in original post