Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Smart speakers for an iMac?

I have the Soundbar 700 and a portable speaker. I'm looking for speakers for my iMac desktop and wanted to know if Bose makes anything that can be connected to the Mac, but would also connect to the other Bose speakers I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smart speakers for an iMac?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jboland17

Hi Jboland17,

Yes, you can do this via a Bluetooth connection or Airplay. 😊

Here you can find instructions on how to connect via Airplay, and here to connect a Bluetooth device. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi there, Jboland17,

Thanks for reaching out, I'll be more than happy to assist you with your query. 

In order to connect to your Soundbar 700 and your Portable speaker (assuming it is a Portable Home Speaker) together, you will need to have a speaker which is part of our Smart Home range. This will be the Home Speaker 500 or the Home Speaker 300. They will connect together to provide a multi-room experience. 

If you have any further questions, let me know!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I'm not sure that answers the question. Will the Home Speaker 500 or the Home Speaker 300 connect with the iMac and play whatever sound comes out of the computer?

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jboland17

Hi Jboland17,

Yes, you can do this via a Bluetooth connection or Airplay. 😊

Here you can find instructions on how to connect via Airplay, and here to connect a Bluetooth device. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post