cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottp56@verizon.net
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Smartsound bar 300 cannot find my network with the smarttouch app wont install IOS 12.5.1 iphone 6

So I just got the Smart Soundbar 300. The soundbar works with my TV, a LG UM6910 PUA and HDMI ARC sound. The BOSE Music app works as well. I have four problems:

1) The soundbar is turning the TV off every 18 Minutes or so. Annoying. How to fix?

2) I can't control the soundbar itself to prevent the soundbar from turning off from the remote I have because:

3) The remote control I have is the small one. The printed instructions show what is evidently the older one for the previous generation so none of its instructions actually work as my remote does not have the ability to push number keys on the remote as called for.

4) Instructions I have seen else where for other things call for the use of the Soundtouch app which on my iphone freezes or does not recognize the wireless network that my Bose Music app does recognize. Its fine if this is wrong app for the wrong soundbar, what is the right app if this is the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Smartsound bar 300 cannot find my network with the smarttouch app wont install IOS 12.5.1 iph...

Author Accepted Answer selected by scottp56@verizon.net

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

1. This may be related to a CEC issue. Try switching to Alternate CEC on the Bose Music app to see if this helps. If there is an incompatibility, Optical may be an alternative solution.

2-3. The Smart Soundbar ships with a small basic remote. It is not a universal remote control, but you can power the soundbar off by pressing the power button in the top left corner.

4. The Smart Soundbar 300 is not to be confused with the SoundTouch 300. The Smart Soundbar 300 is compatible with Bose Music app only, SoundTouch 300 is compatible with the SoundTouch app only.

Additional information:

• When you plug the soundbar into an AC (mains) outlet, the soundbar automatically powers on.
• The first time the soundbar is powered on, the soundbar defaults to the TV g source.
• You can still access your voice assistant when the soundbar is powered off.

TIP: You can also use Voice4Video to power the soundbar on/off

Auto-wake (optical connection only) You can set the soundbar to power on whenever a sound signal is received.

To toggle between auto-wake and default power settings, on the remote, press and hold I for 5 seconds until you hear a tone and the light bar pulses white twice.

TIP: You can also enable/disable auto-wake using the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Re: Smartsound bar 300 cannot find my network with the smarttouch app wont install IOS 12.5.1 iph...

Author Accepted Answer selected by scottp56@verizon.net

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

1. This may be related to a CEC issue. Try switching to Alternate CEC on the Bose Music app to see if this helps. If there is an incompatibility, Optical may be an alternative solution.

2-3. The Smart Soundbar ships with a small basic remote. It is not a universal remote control, but you can power the soundbar off by pressing the power button in the top left corner.

4. The Smart Soundbar 300 is not to be confused with the SoundTouch 300. The Smart Soundbar 300 is compatible with Bose Music app only, SoundTouch 300 is compatible with the SoundTouch app only.

Additional information:

• When you plug the soundbar into an AC (mains) outlet, the soundbar automatically powers on.
• The first time the soundbar is powered on, the soundbar defaults to the TV g source.
• You can still access your voice assistant when the soundbar is powered off.

TIP: You can also use Voice4Video to power the soundbar on/off

Auto-wake (optical connection only) You can set the soundbar to power on whenever a sound signal is received.

To toggle between auto-wake and default power settings, on the remote, press and hold I for 5 seconds until you hear a tone and the light bar pulses white twice.

TIP: You can also enable/disable auto-wake using the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

scottp56@verizon.net
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Thanks. Everything ok so far. Next issue previously posted is wanting to do more. Lets see if I can.