Jazz 10
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

So annoying. Bose 500 home speaker

Alexa understands voice command to turn of my smart plugs through my bose 500 home smart speaker but will will not understand voice commands to play music. Says this device is off line and I've tried turning off and on .tried rebooting and have rebooted my wifi. It now displays an orange light saying use my bose app to get started. I open the app and it can't find my speaker? Any help appreciated . Thanks 

Bose 500 home smart speaker 

Uk

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: So annoying. Bose 500 home speaker

Hi Jazz 10,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your Home Speaker 500. Thanks for already taking a look into troubleshooting, these are great initial steps. 

I would firstly suggest that you take a look at this article which includes some useful troubleshooting. 

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!