Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Song request google assistant spotify doesnt work

Author Accepted Answer selected by VrasliTheThird

Hery Vrasli,

It may be the internet browser on your Android phone blocking the page from opening the login section as a new "window". To enable this function, can you try the following:

1. Open Chrome on your phone
  2. Press the "Settings" button on the top-right of the screen. This button looks like three vertical buttons.
  3. Press "Settings"
  4. Press "Site Settings"
  5. Press "Pop-ups and redirects"
  6. Toggle the on/off button on the top-right of the screen to alter this.

Following this, re-launch the Bose Music app, and attempt to connect your Spotify account once again? 

You posted initially about the ability to play audio to the speaker via the Spotify app - it sounds like you will be using Spotify Connect for this functionality, not necessarily using the Bose Music app.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

VrasliTheThird
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Hi!

I followed your instructions and now it all works as it should. I had to download Chrome on my phone and turn on the popup and redirect option and after that the bose music app let me click on the spotify option. So now I have logged in and can use spotify through the app. The voice command for selecting a song works now as well. 

Thank you so much for (all of) your help in resolving this issue!! I appreciate it 🙂

Kind regards,

Vrasli

Vincent Leclerc
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

My Spotify doesn't work for google assistant, Google Home never respond to Spotify. So then I download my Spotify songs with TunesKit Spotify Music Converter and play them on Google Home via my phone.

purplerain0330
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

Can we request GA to play a certain local music file on my phone while connected? I don't have Spotify premium but I have ripped some songs from Spotify to MP3 and put them on my phone to stream on my Bose Soundtouch.