Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Song request google assistant spotify doesnt work

Hi!

I have been having trouble using a voice command to request a specific song through GA and spotify. I can ask 'next song', which works, but I can't ask 'play homecoming by kanye west'. The response I'm getting is: 'ok ill play homecoming by kanye west through spotify. Sorry, it looks like your spotify account is not set up for bose music. Please link your bose  music account with your google assistant to play the song.' 

This is weird, because my bose account is linked to the google assistant account (confirmed in bose music app) and my GA account is linked to my spotify account (confirmed in google home app). 

The only thing I can think of is that in the bose music app, I can't add/authorize spotify as a music service. I can see the option, but can't click on the button for some reason. This has not been a problem before, because through the spotify app I can play music through the soundbar without problems, which is recognized as such in the bose music app. However, I cant give a voice command for a specific song and cant control the spotify music through the bose music app. 

Does anyone know how I can make this all work? 

I have a bose soundbar 700 and live in The Netherlands. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Song request google assistant spotify doesnt work

Author Accepted Answer selected by VrasliTheThird

Hery Vrasli,

It may be the internet browser on your Android phone blocking the page from opening the login section as a new "window". To enable this function, can you try the following:

1. Open Chrome on your phone
  2. Press the "Settings" button on the top-right of the screen. This button looks like three vertical buttons.
  3. Press "Settings"
  4. Press "Site Settings"
  5. Press "Pop-ups and redirects"
  6. Toggle the on/off button on the top-right of the screen to alter this.

Following this, re-launch the Bose Music app, and attempt to connect your Spotify account once again? 

You posted initially about the ability to play audio to the speaker via the Spotify app - it sounds like you will be using Spotify Connect for this functionality, not necessarily using the Bose Music app.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Or does anyone else recognize this problem?

I mean, it is not the worst problem, but it does kinda make the voice command option useless...

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are unable to get Google Assistant to play specific songs in Spotify. 

Have you tried removing and re-adding the service in the Bose Music app?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

I have removed Google Assistant from the Bose Music app en re-added it a couple of times, but it did not help. 

I can't add spotify to the bose music app. I can see the spotify-option on the 'add music services' screen, but I can't press the spotify-button for authenticating my account for some reason. 

However, spotify is linked to my Google Assistant account and set as default. Also, it is possible to play spotify on the soundbar through the spotify app itself. But I can't give it voice commands. 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this and for giving this a go, sorry this persists. 

Do you have a Spotify Premium account? You will need to add this to the Bose Music app. 

Can you provide us with a screen shot of what you see when you attempt to add Spotify to your Music account?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Yes I do have a spotify premium account. I have linked the screenshots below. 

The first picture shows that spotify is connected to GA

The second picture shows the spotify button (and arrow) I can't click on. 

https://imgur.com/a/8i82F5Y 

Highlighted

Thank you very much for this information. I do see that your Bose Music app is in a different language, do you mind me asking your country of residence?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Of course! I live in the Netherlands.

If you have trouble understanding anything from the screenshots, I can give you a translation. 

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know that. As you are in the Netherlands Spotify should be available to add through the app so it's strange it's not reacting at all when you try to add it.

When you select Spotify in the Bose Music app, does it react at all? Show any error codes? Or does it just not let you select it?

What I would recommend doing next is uninstalling the Bose Music app and re-installing it on your device. If you can follow these steps that will make sure we reinstall it as cleanly as possible:

• Log out of the Bose Music app from the Account Settings page.
  • Uninstall the app.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Reboot your router - Disconnect it from power for at least 1 minute, then plug it back in and allow it to fully boot back up before continuing.
  • Re-install the app.
  • Log back in and attempt to add Spotify.

Let me know how this goes!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

I've reinstalled the bose music app as you have requested, but unfortunately I still can't add spotify (or any other music app). When I try to touch icon or arrow on the touchscreen, nothing happens. There is no error code, there is just nothing happening. It's unclickable, like there is no button there, just a picture