Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Sorry, that device is offline (Alexa, spotify, soundbar 700)

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for writing in!  

If the above steps did not help to resolve this issue, can you check your Alexa app to see if you have the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill enabled?  

One more thing we can try is to remove the voice assistant in the speaker settings within the Bose Music app.  At this point, open the Alexa app and disable the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill.  Now remove/de-register the speaker from the Alexa app.  Lastly let's go back to the Bose Music app and try to re-add the Alexa voice assistant.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

quixoft
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

I have the same problem with both Alexa and the Bose phone app losing connection. Turning the speaker off for a couple minutes and then back on fixes both issues but then it just happens again later in the day or the next day.

I've tried both the wifi connection and using the ethernet port. For some reason it consistently loses connection to both the phone app and Alexa.

It's a brand new Bose 700 Soundbar with a 500 subwoofer connected.

Hi quixoft,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Can you try the troubleshooting steps listed earlier in the thread?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

warren.smith.ca@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

I found that I has to reconnect the Bose speakers from within the Bose Music app.
Gus Davidson
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for writing in!  

If the above steps did not help to resolve this issue, can you check your Alexa app to see if you have the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill enabled?  

One more thing we can try is to remove the voice assistant in the speaker settings within the Bose Music app.  At this point, open the Alexa app and disable the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill.  Now remove/de-register the speaker from the Alexa app.  Lastly let's go back to the Bose Music app and try to re-add the Alexa voice assistant.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

The Bose Soundbar 700 is just terrible to setup; nope really terrible. After a day of stuffing around with it and reading everything from the Bose Community I finally managed to fix the device offline issue associated with Alexa following the suggestion above.

Now to try and sort the stupid universal remote. No instructions, all videos relate to the old remote, icons that never light up and I have no idea what they do and despite the app telling the remote is connected to the TV it does not control it.

Bose has really dropped the ball in all regards. Great sound, rubbish user experience! 

Hi Gus Davidson,

Thank you for your input and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with the setup of your Soundbar 700.  I'm glad you have been able to fix the Alexa issue.

In regards to the universal remote, have you followed the instructions on our website on how to program the remote? Take a look: Programming the universal remote

If your problem persists, let me know and I will try my best to get this working correctly for you.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

StephenP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Hi, is an old topic despite it is tick being resolved, mine is far from being resolved. I have gone through everything mentioned in this topics and messing around with it to the extend of factory reset in the end Alexa still tell me my device is offline ie removing Alexa, reset my router, unplugging power and leave it more than 2 mins, delete bose music app and reinstall.

The unit was working fine on first day and second day all stop working Tunein, Amazon Music. Airplay, bluetooth works fine and if I use the app preset it work but Alexa will not be able to control it. Normal weather and everything else work with Alexa. 

Any other thing I can try before I return the unit back to Bose, I bought this to have a better sound quality against my Amazon Echo unit but if non of the above work there is no point keeping this unit. 

Hello StephenP,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having these issues with the sources on your Soundbar 700, since you have gone through all the troubleshooting suggested on this thread I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they would be able to assist you further on this occasion.

I am sorry that I have not been able to help you further on this occasion, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

rishalsharma
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I have the same issue with my Bose Soundbar 500 (since yesterday). Before that, it worked great for almost a week.

I have tried to reboot my Bose soundbase as well as my router (while keeping it switched off for over 2 mins). I have also tried to remove my amazon account from Bose music app and re-register. However, the issue still persists.

Strangely, everything else about Alexa works. Weather, jokes, Q&As etc.. Only songs (from JIO saavn) don't work. Alexa clearly says that "Sorry, your device (actually takes my device name) is offline)".

StephenP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I have given up trying and Bose even asked me to call Amazon Alexa and they can't figure out either. I reckon there are bugs in the firmware that causes this. I just use Airplay now.