Param11
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Re: Bose Speaker Pausing Spotify

I have SB700 and have been facing the same problem.

When I ask alexa to play music on Spotlify, alexa responds that it is playing music from spotify, but nothing happens. The soundbar just goes into a weird state, and starts flashing 2 pulsating while lights. There is no description of 2 pulsating white lights on the Bose info page about the lights on soundbar. Afterwards, the soundbar doesn’t connect on the bose music app, and nothing plays on the soundbar. In the spotify app, under the devices menu, the soundar keeps on disappearing and appearing again, but I am unable to select the soundbar in spotify. So, I just have to switch off the sounbar and switch it back again to do anything further with the soundbar.

I tried everything:

- Removing Alexa and adding it back

- Removing Spotify and adding it back

- Restarting the soundbar and the wifi after keeping it off for 2 mins

Nothing worked....

jez
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Bose Speaker Pausing Spotify

There's another thread on the same problem. Check out this one 

Smart Home Speaker + Soundbar - Alexa and Spotify Issue

Bharatanand
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Re: Sorry, that device is offline (Alexa, spotify, soundbar 700)

Hi ,

I have a bose soundtouch 20 and I have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed in the previous posts.....i am able to cast music from the amazon music app but when I ask the Alex app or my alexa speaker to play music on my soundtouch speaker alexa first says playing music on soundtouch speaker and then sorry the speaker is offline.... surprisingly earlier this used to work 10 times out of 10....please help

tn13841
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Thank You, this worked for me.

crystal00713@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

have had the same problem have done all of the steps above resetting deleting redoing redoing Alexa redoing the skills nothing works I reset the modem I reset the router I have done everything in this stupid speaker is a paperweight

Community_Admin

Hi Crystal00713,

Sorry that you are having difficulties with Alexa. 

We have had reports that Amazon was facing technical difficulties with this function. These concerns have now been resolved, can you let us know if you are still unable to access your services?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Fpicker
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2019

I've had  Bose Smart Soundbar 300 for a few weeks. All was OK and Alexa was working fine, but now we're having similar problems. Alexander will answer questions such as "what's the weather", but when asked to play BBC radio 2 she replies stating "there is a problem". When asked to play something on Spotify (we have Premium), she replies "sorry, that device is offline". We can play Spotify via the Bose App. I have tried all the suggested solutions to no avail. Help, please! 

ognistik
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2020

Tried everything here without success, then I figured out something that worked in my case. In the Alexa app, in devices/all devices I had TV. My Bose speaker also appears under Echo&Alexa so I disabled TV. I guess it was getting some confusion with the devices? In any case this did it for me. Problem solved. 

zdmcclain
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

I would like to add that like user ognistik above me, I had a device named "Office TV" in my Alexa devices list. I found it by going into the Alexa app and showing all devices. The icon was a TV/monitor. I deleted that device and now I can say "Alexa, play <music> in the office" and it works.

It seems like Alexa skill is adding a device for both the speaker and the TV and it screws things up when you try to play music using Alexa.

Like others in here, I was able to play music from the bose app or spotify app with no issues, it was only when trying to use Alexa to initiate the music playback that the problems occurred.

Hopefully this helps others.

Now if Bose would add multi-room music we'd be all set!

hindesbeans
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

OK try this, it's just worked for me... But early days

Reading through pages of comments people had tried everything... Their Bose system (whichever they have, most have been named) Alexa settings and Spotify settings. Nothing worked. 

I've done the following in the phone settings and fingers crossed it's worked... 

Settings> device care> Battery> Spotify> Put app to sleep is turned to OFF or put in never put to sleep list.

It's worked for me, but might need re-doing after phone updates. Hope it helps others but like I say I've only just done this, yet to see if alls OK in hrs days and weeks to come