Ksu200
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Sorry, that device is offline (Alexa, spotify, soundbar 700)

I am having exactly the same issue. Voice speaks, but says its offline. Also, says cant pause the must. 

Also says that music is streaming on another device. Sorry that device is offline. I checked router - everything is online.  

1st day it was working fine and for 2 days now I am having this issue. Will probably have to return the speake . 

Hi Ksu200, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Firstly, can you please confirm which steps you have attempted from this thread so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would encourage the community to let us know which steps worked for them to resolve this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

rishalsharma
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Bose India support reached out to me and we were able to successully resolve the issue. Thanks to the service officer name Mr. Shobhit. Below are key steps to replicate:

Fyi, this happens when there is an account related problem at Amazon (or) Alexa end.

1) Download Alexa app

2) Sign in using the same user credentials that you entered while setting up Alexa on Bose soundbar.

3) Click on the menu (top left corner) indicated as 3 horizontal bars.

4) Select/click on "Skills & Games"

5) Now click on search icon (magnifying glass) and type "Bose".

6) You might find 3 or search results. Click on "Bose (not for soundtouch).

7) Click on "Disable Skill"

😎 Now click on "Enable skill" to enable it back. It might take a few seconds and take you to Bose page. You will need to enter your BOSE user id and password (the same that you've given while registering your soundbar).

9) Now get out of the above page after successfully enabling the skill. You might have to hit the x button on top left.

10) Click on Discover devices. It should say no devices found (I found this step to be redundant. Nevertheless, they made me do it).

11) Ask Alexa to play music and in a few seconds you could be thinking "Voila".

Cheers. 

Jenishdobariya
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I am still facing this problem even though i turned the whole system off for 6-8 hours.

Hello @Jenishdobariya,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. We are very sorry to hear that you are also having issues with your Alexa Skill. 

Can you please confirm that you have tried all the troubleshooting suggested previously within the thread? 

We would love to do what we can in order to get this resolved for you. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

StephenP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Thanks Rishalsharma, I followed your steps and as you said Voila. Thanks for this.

Hello StephenP,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! That's great news that the troubleshooting steps suggested by @rishalsharma, thank you for coming back to let us know it worked for you this helps other community members get to their solution quicker by trialing that solution first.

And of course thanks @rishalsharma for posting the solution, we really appreciate it!

If you anyone is still having issues after trying the troubleshooting suggested previously in the thread then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

sid1440
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

thanks, this worked for me!!

rjones2554@aol.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I had the same problem for over two weeks I finally realized that I used a different email address to setup the Bose app than I used for the Alexa app it worked when I used the same app for both. Happy Camper 

Rajiv Shankar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Hi @Zoe_C does this solution work for SoundTouch 300 as well. I'm hearing the same "SoundTouch 300 is offline" message when I ask Alexa (on an echo dot) to "play xyz on SoundTouch 300".