Orchamedes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Re: Sorry, that device is offline (Alexa, spotify, soundbar 700)

I am having the same issues. But I am feeling better after reading this thread and seeing I am not the only one! 

and yes, I have done all the plugging unplugging deactivating reactivating deleting re download all while sticking out my tongue and humming 'I'm a little tea pot.' Still Alexa tells me audibly that I have a bose 700 sound bar.. but need to set the 'skill' in the app. But I do have the skill (not for sound touch) it is 'offline' still. ..I... I  just want to use my sci-fi style voice commands to play music on my epic new sound system. 

What are the chances this will get fixed in an actual update from the Alexa app or the Bose App? or a software/firmware update for the speakers? instead of having to do all this witchcraft of powering on and off and deactivate-reactivate uninstall dance?   

also, is there an easy way to change the WiFi source on the 700 sound bar? I wanted to change from the 5G to the 2.5G to see if that would maybe adjust it. But... I cannot for the life of me find anywhere to manually change the Wifi source for the bar. 

I look forward to this issue being resolved under the hood. 

Hello Orchamedes,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing difficulty with your Alexa on the Soundbar 700. You are following the right path of troubleshooting with testing the 5GHZ connection, you will only be able to test this connection if your router is emitting both 2Ghz and 5Ghz. If your router can do this then you can lightly test this by connecting to 5Ghz by setting up the Soundbar again. To put the Soundbar in set-up mode, on the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the TV icon and Skip Back buttons for five seconds until the light bar on the soundbar glows amber. Then you can go through the process again selecting the 5Ghz network and then test Alexa again. If this solves the issue then you will need to factory reset the Soundbar, as the Soundbar will remember the 2Ghz connection and switch between the two. By factory resetting the Soundbar you can set it up with the 5Ghz network only. 

To restore the factory default settings (Note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the Bose Music app to reconfigure your product):

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and view the smart devices associated with your Amazon account.
  2. Remove the Bose product you want to reset from the smart devices listed in the Alexa app
    Tip: Your Bose product might appear more than once. Remove all instances of it
  3. If you do not plan to use other Bose speakers with your Amazon account, view the installed Skills in the Alexa app and remove the Bose skill.
  4. Open the Bose Music app and remove Alexa from your Bose account.
  5. Remove the product from your Bose account.
  6. On the remote, press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The product reboots and, when complete, the light bar on the front glows solid amber.

You mentioned that you had previously reset the Soundbar can you confirm that this was a soft reset, which can be done by disconnecting the system from power for 30 seconds?

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

sanon.jay@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I m still facing this problem even after speaking to the bose executives many a times in my bose home portable speaker.

It was working fine 2 days back with no changes in any settings either in the speaker nor wifi and when i use a hotspot of my fone it is working fine.

What should i do??

SSSUUU
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Spotify songs can not be played without the Spotify app. Because the format of the songs is Ogg Vorbis. So the songs are not compatible with Alexa.
To play Spotify songs in Alexa, you can convert the Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other common audio formats. The DRmare Music Converter will help you achieve this goal. It can preserve all the parameters and ID3 tags during the conversion process. So you don't need to worry about the loss of information like artist, genre, composing, etc. View more detail, you can visit https://www.drmare.com.