Soudbar 500 - Google Assistant - I can cast from phone but can't voice request spotify music
when I first installed the soundbar I was able to request music being played on Spotify through voice commands google assistant.
When I say "Play [Song Y]" on Spotify, Google says either
a. "Sorry, looks like the soundbar isn't available right now" or
b. "Ok, playing [Song Y] on Spotify", but then nothing is being played
If I ask Google about the weather or other things it responds.
I can also select a song on the spotify app and then select the soundbar as a device to cast the music to and it works. Just the voice command doesn't work.
Things I have tried to no avail
1. Disconnect the soundbar from power for 30 seconds
2. Reinstall the bose music app on my phone, disconnect google assistant & spotify from the app and reconnect
3. Delete the room the device belonged to on my google home app, create a new room, put device on there again
Settings I have checked and which are all on
1. Web & Personal Activity results are switched on
2. Spotify is set as my default music app in google assistant
3. Bose App Language is set to English
4. I use a personal gmail address for my google account (not a Google Suite or 3rd party email)
My soundbar is also connected to my Android TV through an HDMI cable and in order for it to run I had to switch on the "let TV device control other HDMI devices"
This drives me nuts. Any ideas?