Horbor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Soudbar 500 - Google Assistant - I can cast from phone but can't voice request spotify music

Hi, 

when I first installed the soundbar I was able to request music being played on Spotify through voice commands google assistant. 

When I say "Play [Song Y]" on Spotify, Google says either

a. "Sorry, looks like the soundbar isn't available right now" or

b. "Ok, playing [Song Y] on Spotify", but then nothing is being played

If I ask Google about the weather or other things it responds.

I can also select a song on the spotify app and then select the soundbar as a device to cast the music to and it works. Just the voice command doesn't work.

Things I have tried to no avail

1. Disconnect the soundbar from power for 30 seconds

2. Reinstall the bose music app on my phone, disconnect google assistant & spotify from the app and reconnect

3. Delete the room the device belonged to on my google home app, create a new room, put device on there again

Settings I have checked and which are all on

1. Web & Personal Activity results are switched on

2. Spotify is set as my default music app in google assistant

3. Bose App Language is set to English

4. I use a personal gmail address for my google account (not a Google Suite or 3rd party email)

My soundbar is also connected to my Android TV through an HDMI cable and in order for it to run I had to switch on the "let TV device control other HDMI devices"

This drives me nuts. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soudbar 500 - Google Assistant - I can cast from phone but can't voice request spotify music

Hello Horbor,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Google Assistant on your Soundbar 500.

Thank you for trying that troubleshooting and letting us know what has been tried already. You have done a lot of the troubleshooting we would recommend in this situation but there are a few more things we can do to resolve this.

It is strange that it does only seem to be with Spotify that Google has had trouble responding correctly. Have we tried asking Googled to play form any other music services? Or asked Google to play the song we are requesting without specifying 'from Spotify' to see what would happen then? 

You mentioned that you removed and re-added Spotify in the Bose Music app, have we tried removing and re-adding Spotify as a service from Google Assistant directly? As the Soundbar seems to be able to play Spotify correctly from other apps, it does seem to suggest it is something with Google's connection to Spotify that may be causing the issue.

Please let us know how you get on, and we can see what else we can try if this does not work.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.