Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

Totally agree with you VertigoMitch its spoils watching movies and series.

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

VertigoMitch, I highly doubt Bose will acknowledge it's another firmware issue, atleast not until heaps of people find the thread and confirm they're experiencing the same issue. They'll say it's an ARC problem and ask you to undergo the procedures to reset it even though I have tested it with optical and it still happens, in fact I'd say it's worse than it is using hdmi. So frustrating.

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the feedback. I have raised this to our development and testing teams to see if we can replicate the issue based on the information you have all provided, and provide a solution to this.

As a question to all of you having this issue, can I ask if swapping audio formats (e.g swapping from Dolby Digital to DTS) makes any change to this, as this seems to have made a difference for users in the past? 

The more information we have about where this issue occurs, the faster we can pinpoint this and resolve this for all users.

With that in mind, if you gather any more information of note please do let me know so I can pass this on as well!

Liam W

VertigoMitch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hey Liam,

I'm unable to switch audio formats as both my Sky Q and Amazon Fire TV output in Dolby Digital. There is no option to switch to DTS for those devices, but I believe this also happens with two-channel stereo as some SD channels on Sky are stereo only and the audio stutter still happens. I am going to try that workaround by lowering the centre channel below 0 and seeing if the stutter continues.

Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

This has become nothing but a complete nightmare. What is the problem with your terrible software development team? Why can they not watch a single movie before going ahead with the firmware release?

Now my speaker has the sound cut out just as the others here have described.

When is someone going to reprimand the employees responsible for this chain of events?

Your flagship speaker is completely broken.
Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

You guys surely must realize the issue. I doubt there is anyone who doesn't have it. If everyone who had the soundbar knew about this community the thread would be 100 pages long by now. Because its happening to everyone. Spare a thought for those who have no idea it's a widespread issue and are spending tons of their time trying to figure out why their expensive product is plagued by simple issues. Things like this are gonna have a massive impact on your product given the amount of other options out there.

Just fix the problem we deserve to have this working perfectly. How many people have to find the thread and comment on it before you guys will accept you stuffed up the firmware again and fix it? Atleast give us all some piece of mind and tell us your working on a fix for it. Surely you've learned this after the whole 4.0.8 firmware debacle.. Stop asking us how the problem occurs and just go watch a movie, turn it up and listen for the problem, find out why it's doing it and fix it. Simple.
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Brought Bose 700 and bass 700 and rear spearker 1st it was the right speaker cracking and now the micro sound droping do they test these things great system when working but getting very annoying still in the 30 returns but know what to do because love the system just sort these thing please 

@Bradey wrote:
You guys surely must realize the issue. I doubt there is anyone who doesn't have it. If everyone who had the soundbar knew about this community the thread would be 100 pages long by now. Because its happening to everyone. Spare a thought for those who have no idea it's a widespread issue and are spending tons of their time trying to figure out why their expensive product is plagued by simple issues. Things like this are gonna have a massive impact on your product given the amount of other options out there.

Just fix the problem we deserve to have this working perfectly. How many people have to find the thread and comment on it before you guys will accept you stuffed up the firmware again and fix it? Atleast give us all some piece of mind and tell us your working on a fix for it. Surely you've learned this after the whole 4.0.8 firmware debacle.. Stop asking us how the problem occurs and just go watch a movie, turn it up and listen for the problem, find out why it's doing it and fix it. Simple.

@Bradey wrote:

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Update Dolby digital get micro sound loss very random  but dts is fine please sort this 

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread. 

In order for us to fix the issues, you all raise we need as much information as possible. I can understand that it is frustrating and I am incredibly sorry for any inconvinience caused but if we work together to get all the information we can look to find a fix much quicker. 

It would be really helpful to know: 

• How is your Soundbar connected to the internet, is it Ethernet or Wifi? 
  • If Wifi what make is your Router? 
  • How are you listening to audio when the sound drops and is there any specific apps affected?
  • Does this happen on all sources?
  • Does there seem to be any pattern when this happens? 
  • What devices are connected to the SB? 
  • What TV do you have? 
  • How is your system set up? 
  • How long after the update did you start experiencing issues?

The more information we have the quicker we can get this sorted. Thank you all for your patience, understanding, and cooperation at this time. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hello,Vicky W 

-Mine Soundbar 700 and base speaker and rear speakers are al connected on the 5.2 GHz WiFi.

-The bose music app tells me that the signal is very fine -65 dBm.

-When i watching a movie or tv serie with dolby surround 5.1 and dolby digital plus,I have a random audio sound drop for a micro second, mine tv gets the signal from HDMI arc.

-This also happening when i watching cabel tv with dolby digital 3/2.1 also a micro second sound drop!

-Soundbar 700 is connected on a tv Sony KD-55XE9005 and sony blu ray player and I have a minix neo u9-h and the TV cable provider is ziggo.

- With DTS movies and series there are no problems audio plays just fine.

-TuneIn plays just fine.Watching tv channels with just 2.0 stereo also no sound problems.

- Ever since the update 4.0.9 I experience a micro sound drops out randomly after a couples of minutes.

PS, this happend on all devices are connected to the Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC.

Please bose team fix the problem.