Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

1.700  pound for the complete system this is not acceptable.Bose just admit their is a problem and it will be fix.

VertigoMitch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

@Vicky_W wrote:
  • How is your Soundbar connected to the internet, is it Ethernet or Wifi? 
  • If Wifi what make is your Router? 
  • How are you listening to audio when the sound drops and is there any specific apps affected?
  • Does this happen on all sources?
  • Does there seem to be any pattern when this happens? 
  • What devices are connected to the SB? 
  • What TV do you have? 
  • How is your system set up? 
  • How long after the update did you start experiencing issues?

1) Bose Soundbar 700 is connected via Ethernet to the internet.

2) Google Wifi with Netgear switches.

3) HDMI eARC from Sony KD-65XG9505 when watching either Sky Q or Amazon Fire TV, both are Dolby Digital sources. This also happens on another LG TV through HDMI Arc.

4) I only use the Bose Soundbar 700 for HDMI ARC.

5) No. Just throw on any program or movie and the audio drops will happen randomly.

6) Bose Base Module 700 and Bose Surround Speakers L/R. I have tried disconnecting these and the issue is still present.

7) Sony KD-65XG9505

😎 High-Speed HDMI Cables with Ethernet from Sky Q and Amazon Fire TV to the TV and then another High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet from the TV to the Bose Soundbar 700. All three HDMI cables have also been replaced.

9) Immediately.

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Are you kidding me, your still asking how it happens?! Do you not have a sb700 to test this for yourself and replicate the issue? That's all you need to. Not even budget soundbars have issues like this so how can one that costs over $1000 NZ. This is just taking the piss now.

Everyone just return your systems if your still able to. They're clearly no closer to fixing the problem. Bose has no idea what they are doing their complete lack of ability to admit fault and provide solutions is unbelievable. Never seen such incompetence from a so called reputable brand. What does this mean for the future of the soundar? Will it ever work as it should? Maybe a product recall should be on the cards.

Samsung Q9fn
Wifi strength-39dbm, still happens if wifi is turned off
Happens on all sources
Nothing connected but a single sky TV STB
Happens using hdmi AND optical
Happens on all apps
Doesn't happen with music
Happened immediately after the update
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Is not only on Soundbar 700, is on 500 also.

LG OLED55B8PLA, HDMI Arc, Ethernet on both.

Appears randomly, an all sources (Live TV, Netflix, XBox One S).

DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

I thought I would drop by the forum again and see how things were going.   I'm amazed to see Bose are still having problems like this, it really is very disappointing and I feel sad that Bose are continuing to fail so badly with this new lineup.

I took my Soundbar 700 back after almost 6 months of ownership, I really wanted to give them a chance so waited much longer than the 90 day trial period.   Taking it back was simple when armed with printouts of all the issues I had on this forum.

I have now had my Sonos system for 3 months.   I've not had a single issue, it just works.   The Soundbar does not look as elegant as the Bose, but this has been a fair tradeoff for a working system.   It can even play all my music on my NAS drive, and due to the price difference I have been able to get a couple of additional speakers for around the house.   It's the completeness that has really set them apart, Sonos even has a controller application for Windows.

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Bose any update or I will return Friday 

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

My sb700 has been updated to firmware 4.1.1. Unfortunately the sound cut out has NOT been fixed. It is much less frequent than it was before but it's still not gone.

Returning entire system today had enough.
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Same here still I've phone support up and they keeps saying they dont know nothing about this problem.just test the system in Dolby digital you will notice it.
Andy432
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Same problem here on a Soundbar 500.

I've had the soundbar 500 for about a month now and first had the crackling issue, then the app had no base option, just "speaker level".

These have been resolved but now I have a micro sound drop randomly occurs. 

I am extremely disapointed in Bose so far and will be returning the sound bar if this is not resolved.

In my case I have the soundbar 500 connected via optical to an old Sony tv that doesn't support ARC.

Using the tv auto sound option to pass through dolby from any source I get micro sound drops.

Changing to PCM removes the issue so seems clear the processing on the soundbar is at fault.

HDMI Sources are sky tv and a fire tv stick, dropouts seen on all sources and apps.

I'm now on 4.1.1 firmware but the issue persists.

Turning it off and on doesn't cure the issue.

Connected to the internet via wifi, a tplink access point in my case, but I'm sure that's not relevent.

Highlighted
Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

My bose soundbar 700 is on firmware 4.1.1 and stil I have sound drops out for a micro second with dolby digital! Also i have tried reset factory settings and pull the plug for a couple of minutes.

-When will the development and test teams roll out a firmware that fix the dolby dgital sound drops?

-People on this thopic deserve answers.