Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

Highlighted
ybo
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

@DubCity wrote:
How did you get a refund? I’m in Canada and not sure how to go about this, as I’m outside the 30 day window obviously.

#

30 days ... what?

In October 2018 I bought the Soundbar 700 from a local audio/video dealer here in Germany. In June 2019 I wrote an e-mail to the Management of Bose-Germany. In that e-mail I complained about the weak an faulty software and asked for an option to enable the customer to deselect compulsory firmware-updates. Two days later I got an answer per e-mail from Bose-UK. In that they made an offer to take back the Soundbar 700 and the Bass Module 700 with full refund. So they offered the return although I did not asked for this option at all! Finally I aggreed, and the rest was simple.

Good luck.

ybo

Friendly Fanatic

Any updates on this issue?

Community Manager

Hey all,

Some of you who have previously submitted information to us have been recently contacted via Private Message. Our development team is keen to hear back from those contacted with this additional information that has been requested.

Kindest,

Andy B

Quiet Contributor

Hello,

I am also having the sound dropping out on my Bose soundbar 700. I have the sub as well as the 2 surround speakers.

I have tried the troubleshooting methods and nothing has seemed to fix the issue. (Reseting the soundbar, reseting the subwoofer, Turning off the advanced CEC disconnecting the soundbar from the tv. Unplugging the soundbar. Disconnecting the HDMI from ARC. All the steps.

Here are my answers to your questions.

• How is your Soundbar connected to the internet, is it Ethernet or Wifi? (Ethernet)
  • If Wifi what make is your Router? 
  • How are you listening to audio when the sound drops and is there any specific apps affected? I am listening to audio from the Apple TV 4K as well as an LG 4k blu ray player on an LGC7 65 OLED TV. I’m having the dropouts on all devices as well as DD 5.1 and DTS on the Blu ray player.
  • Does this happen on all sources? Yes. TV apps, Apple TV 4K, blu ray player.
  • Does there seem to be any pattern when this happens? Not that I can tell. Seems to happen multiple times per hour. 10 to 20.
  • What devices are connected to the SB? SB connected to LG through ARC. Blu ray player connected through optical.
  • What TV do you have? LGC7 65
  • How is your system set up? 
  • How long after the update did you start experiencing issues? Immediately. 

Hope this information helps. Please have this fixed soon. I’m getting to the point where it is very distracting and is ruining my wife and I’s listening experience. This is a very expensive system. I paid over 1800 for it and it has had many technical issues from firmware updates.

Hello Nebtreb, 

Thank you for joining this post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are here because you are also experiencing this issue, however, this information that you have provided is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass this along to help with the investigation. 

I completely understand your concern and our development team are hard at work looking into this matter. Any updates will be posted here in the Bose Community. 

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Friendly Fanatic

How has this not been fixed yet? It's been weeks and it appears most people have this issue. And some have gone to a lot of effort trying to provide this incapable team of developers with enough information to fix it. What do they do all day? All the BS about it being a priority is rubbish of it was then there would have been an update to fix it by now. It just seems there is no intention by bose to fix it. Keep up the good work bose really professional. 

Animated Arbiter

Well said Bradey, when will there be a firmware update that will fix the Dolby Digital? I have recorded 3 films with this issue and sent it two the development team......

Please fix it.

Animated Arbiter

They won’t be fixing it anytime soon. It’s summertime now and the dev team is on vacation not a care in the world about the firmware they broke last April. 

Audible Advocate

Hi everyone.

From what I understand, I have full permission from Bose Support to post this, but I'll see how long my post lasts this time. They said anyone could technically call up and find this information out too.

I've been speaking to Bose back and forth over email support to help submit any information including proof of the audio drop/stutter. After speaking with Bose support over email and having them confirm the engineers can't reproduce this problem, they kept asking me the same questions over and over assuming it's a problem with my setup. After calling them out, I gained nothing but radio silence, which upset me.

I decided to call them up today in which they were pretty professional over the phone. Support over the phone confirmed this is a known issue with Dolby Digital content, but the engineers are unable to pinpoint the source of the issue or actually reproduce it. This is why they're asking for so much information as they are unsure if it's specific audio or specific sources that are causing the drop to occur. It is a high priority for them, but their only recommendation at the moment is to switch to stereo until they can offer another firmware to correct the problem. That's not an acceptable solution for me as it breaks my bass and rear speakers but he couldn't offer any further help over the phone.

If you don't have a support case open, I would highly recommend doing so to help Bose collect information about your setup. The more people that can submit information to Bose as annoying as it is, the faster (hopefully) a firmware fix will arrive. Personally, I am now in contact with Amazon working on a solution for a refund or compensation as my system is broken and I'm not sure if Bose can fix it in a reasonable time. In fact, it's been broken since the end of May starting with the rear speaker crackle so I believe two months is enough to wait for a fully working system but I am holding out as long as I can for a firmware correction as I do like the look of the Bose system including the eARC functionality.

Bose admins and moderators - Much respect, please don't remove my post. I believe this post is as useful to the community including submitting information to you.

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks VertigoMitch, that's really helpful.  Although it's very disappointing to hear that they really have no idea how to fix the problem. My question is why hasn't there been a product recall? Surely they are breaking some sort of consumer rights laws by selling a product that has a major flaw? I'm just confused as to why such a high end product has a problem like this.

In light of this I think I'll just chase up the retailer where I purchased the setup from, show them all this information then surely they will be able to provide me a full refund.