Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

I also have the same problem.

It would be very easy for all of us if Bose built in a functionality in the Bose Music App that allows us to see the exact audio format that is playing at the time of the problem. That way we can provide more information to troubleshoot.

MrFadedGlory
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Bose 700 Soundbar and Sub owner since 7/20/2019.

immediately heard sound dropping from the YouTube APP on my LG SK8000.

Very frustrating.

actually it happens In the same spot on this “Chris Cornell pro-shot” video at 25:06

but it’s weird, IF I STREAM the SAME audio from my YouTube app on my phone, it does Not cut out at 25:06.

man I hope all this can get resolved. I got 40 days left or else it’s SONOS. 

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Been like this for months now dont think it will ever be fixed.took my back for refund if you have a chance I would take back asap.

Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Same issue here with netflix app from Sony TV (5.1)

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

When the right speaker channel was crackling, there was a thread 25 pages long of complaints, mayhem ensued across the globe, and the issue was resolved with a firmware update in just under 2 weeks time. Since said update, the system has been dropping sound for tenths of a second at a time, about 20 times per hour. No doubt this is affecting every system like the crackling issue. The problem here is that it is very subtle, almost unnoticable. And in this day and age of everyone on their phones, surfing the net and social media, and not giving all attention to the viewing and sound experience they have paid for, this issue is undoubtedly going unnoticed by many owners of the 700. We need more consumers raising complaints on this very annoying and very real issue affecting our premium sound systems. The delay in resolving this problem that hundreds of consumers have already raised over the past 6 weeks is becoming quite unprofessional. 

Highlighted
Jack68_FR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Hi,

Same here in France.

Purchase 2 of soundbar 700 and 1 bass module 500 last Saturday.

Here is my Setup : 

Samsung 55KS7500-SB700 with AppleTV4K connected.

Samsung 55Q9FN2018-SB700-BM500 nothing else connected.

Issues in all Apps (Netflix, Mycanal, AppleApp) on both Setup. 

I have 10 days left to return the products

1730€ for this, It’s a big shame....

Hi all, 

We just wanted to keep you in the loop that our engineering team is still looking into this and working to replicate the issue and provide a solution. 

I completely understand how frustrating this may be and we really appreciate the patience of everyone.

Any updates will be posted as soon as we have them. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Hello Jack68_FR, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

With regards to the remainder of your return period, if we have not provided an update, give our customer service a call and we will be happy to discuss your options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let us know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Jack68_FR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Hello Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply.

I will act as you Say, I will give a call to see the options before returning anything.

Best regards

Jacques

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

What a joke no one is looking into it this thread is over 6 weeks old now and still no fix. If they were looking into it it would have been fixed weeks ago.

All they need to do to replicate the issue is plug the soundbar into a tv turn on Netflix or whatever and watch a movie in 5.1. Since they cant even seem to be able to do that it's no suprise they dont have the capability to fix the problem. Bunch of monkey's. 

This problem is happening with every single bose 700 setup in existence. The only reason it hasnt been complained about as much as the previous crackling issue is because it isnt as noticeable. But that's doesn't mean it should be taken any less seriously than that.

There is simply no reasonable explanation why it has not been fixed if they were working hard on a fix day in day out it would have been fixed ages ago. No reputable brand in the world would allow such crap to plague their flagship product. 

Bose you are a disgrace stop us and just fix it everyone who's buys it is taking it back does this not matter to you?

-Edited by Moderator-