ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

I have a LG C7, and I can hear the drop-out with both ARC and Optical cable.

Even though I noticed them listening to Dolbly only, and it seems more frequent/noticeable with ARC than with Optical cable.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

To get this issue fixed, if you have this problem please make sure you do the following:

1. Get the logs of your soundbar after the sound dropout happens through your webrowser with the following URL : http://192.168.0.100/logread (assuming 192.168.0.100 is the IP address of your soundbar - The IP address of the soundbar is visible in the Bose Application - Technial details)
  2. Contact your local Bose customer support by email
  3. Report the issue with associated logs (logread.dat file you got in step 1) in attachement and request a case number and escalation to the DEV team.

Only posting in this forum will not change anything. This issue needs to be escalated to the DEV team by as many people as possible. You will not get a resolution on this forum...

TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

This is great advice @ThierryB I will be doing this as this audio issue HAS to be resolved and sooner rather than later.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

There is a new firmware update (v5.0.12) coming for soundbar 500/700.

The firmware will be deployed deployed in 2 phases : 20 Aug and 21 Aug.

It will take 3-4 days for all our soundbars to get updated.

The firmware contains an audio fix for soundbar 500/700 so hopefully it will solve some / all of the issues reported on this forum. No more details on the nature of the fix.

Lets wait and see.

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hi bose,

Update (v5.0.12) for soundbar 500/700,..... has it a fix for the dolby digital?

This topic wants an answer.

greetings Henk

atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Why are we getting these updates from a fellow consumer and not Bose?  I hope the new firmware updates are real and coming in the next 24 hours as reported here, but why not something officially reported from the company?  

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

nothing official from Bose re. the update yet...i guess they are using quiet port technology... Can anyone tell me if this highly anticipated update is being rolled out? 

TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

I received an email from Bose Support today advising that an update will be pushed to soundbar 700 systems over the next 3-4 days, version 5.0.12 However, the email didn't advise whether it will specifically resolve the issue we're all having. It just states, "various stability and audio improvements".

Like a previous poster suggested, it's important for owners to reach out to Bose support via their support page so that the messages get to the correct people. This forum for me is reassuring that others are experiencing the same issues, but I agree with a previous post, issues wont get resolved via posting to this forum only.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

The announcement for firmware 5.0.12 is now official at last. 

Looking forward to see if the sound dropout is finally fixed.

Highlighted
TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Has anybody received the update yet? I haven’t yet.  If you have, has it resolved the audio issue?