atuneman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

My experience with the SB 700 since latest update has been positive, so far. Have not noticed sound drops, and have not had problems with reported CEC on my LG OLED C8. Still running HDMI Arc. But with many having new problems with Arc and remote, I guess we will be having more updates in near future. Buckle your seatbelts. For those with the entire system including bass module and rears, how’s it sounding?  Always thinking about completing the set, but with all these issues with Soundbar, will definitely be waiting for more consistent premium sound from the bar first before expanding. 

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I dont know why everyone is so surprised by what is happening after this update. Given Bose's track record so far on releasing firmware you could almost have guaranteed they would break something else in the process. In my case I had all the problems with non responding remote, TV CEC problems etc etc.and had to spend 2 hours to get my previously flawlessly working system up and running again . The update even managed to screw up my Sonos speakers elsewhere in the house that are connected to the same router.

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hi all brought Bose soundbar 700 today and no issues so far no drop out of sound and arc is working well, up to now very happy.

Highlighted
Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Experience with the SB 700 since latest 5.0.12-7158+9376780 update has been positive, did not noticed DOLBY DIGITAL sound drops.

No problems watching tv channels with the ziggo internal CI+ Module (it dont use hdmi arc).

BUT HERE IT COMES when i power on minix neo u9-h media player (it use hdmi arc) it have (hdmi arc cec issues), my sony kd-55xe9005 notice me on screen audio system is on BUT A MINUTE LATER ON SCREEN A NOTICE my intern tv speakers is on and this happens over and over again in many loops 

finally ends up with a message on screen (bad communication with audio systeem) and the intarnal tv speaker is on and the sound bar on simultaneously!

Hdmi arc cec BUG issues NEEDS TO BE FIXT.

With my Apple Mac mini 2012 (it use hdmi arc) it have no issues at all.

I'm really worried about the Bose future firmware updates by adding all sorts of SMART GOOGLE AND ALEXA featers like this below.

• Alexa and Google Voice Control Enhancements:
    • For Amazon Alexa users, you will be able to control video content through voice commands to Soundbars 500 and 700 with commands such as "pause on tv" or "pause on <device name/location> tv" and "play on tv" OR "play on <device name/location> tv".
    • For the Google Assistant, there are improvements to how playback occurs after a pause, and alarms can now be stopped by saying "Stop", without the need for a wakeup word.

In the end it will create a lot of firmware bugs and hdmi arc cec issues.

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Another observation of the latest firmware. Seems like the bass is also enhanced to a stage that even background sound will also trigger the bass module. In the past this was not observed. Didn’t change any setting at all. 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Just an update on my remote control issue. I managed to get it to work again after the update to 5.0.12 including the home button - My TV is a LG OLED C7.

Running through the normal setup even though successful didn't setup completely the remote and some button didn't work properly / at all.

I fixed the issue by using the advanced setup option when programing the remote for the TV and enterring the model of my TV (OLED65C7T - for me).

That did the trick... So after a weekend spent with issues, I am back to roughly what I had with firmware 4.0.11.

I am plugged in HDMI/ARC and it's working currently. Waiting to see if the full reset helped with the handshake issue introduced with 5.0.12 and HDMI/ARC/CEC.

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@ThierryB wrote:

Just an update on my remote control issue. I managed to get it to work again after the update to 5.0.12 including the home button - My TV is a LG OLED C7.

Running through the normal setup even though successful didn't setup completely the remote and some button didn't work properly / at all.

I fixed the issue by using the advanced setup option when programing the remote for the TV and enterring the model of my TV (OLED65C7T - for me).

That did the trick... So after a weekend spent with issues, I am back to roughly what I had with firmware 4.0.11.

I am plugged in HDMI/ARC and it's working currently. Waiting to see if the full reset helped with the handshake issue introduced with 5.0.12 and HDMI/ARC/CEC.

I was too quick to write... I just turned on my TV, and no more sound again. So I confirm the full reset doesn't solve the handshake issue...

I will switch back to optical cable until the next firmware comes out...

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hello bose,

i'm happy to report that my bose soundbar 700 is now on firmware 5.0.14-7264+5d50672 and minix neo u9-h media player (it use hdmi arc) is working correctly on my sony kd-55xe9005 tv, and no HDMI arc problems on my hdmi devices.

achille89
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Here Bose soundbar 500 connected via bose hdmi cable to HDMI ARC of my Sony 32WE615. The soundbar firmware is up to date. Unfortunately sounds still drops randomly with Netflix (audio 5.1).